Job Title: Industrial Designer / CAD Specialist
Reports to: Industrial Designer Manager
Date: July 15 2020, Position available immediately
Location: Huntington Beach, CA. Willing to discuss telecommuting.
Srixon/Cleveland Golf/XXIO Research and Development is seeking a candidate for an Industrial Design-CAD Specialist hybrid position.
This role will have two dimensions. Approximately half of this role’s workload will be traditional design work on golf clubs (all models), using tools such as photoshop, illustrator, and keyshot. The other half will be as a CAD Specialist, using 3D modeling software to support various R&D functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Work with other industrial designers to steer and manage the design process throughout the entire development cycle of the product, from inception to production.
• Execute new product development activities such as brainstorming, ideation, sketching, market analysis, modeling, prototyping, testing, surveying.
• Take responsibility for the aesthetics and cosmetics of all products.
• Develop CAD models/concepts and refine existing models using a variety of techniques in Unigraphics NX, including surfacing, the sketch application, part families, and other advanced applications within the software
• Design for X: cost, manufacturing, performance, quality.
• Maintain strong personal capability vis a vis design: drawing, modeling, painting, prototype finishing, metal finishing (polishing, blasting, etc.), and design best-practices.
• Host design reviews and frequently report project status verbally or through documentation
• Coordinate work closely with other teams in product development (CAD, Engineering, Marketing)
• When necessary, coordinate and communicate with overseas vendors and suppliers
• No direct reports
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Software – Experience with CAD software preferred (Unigraphics NX preferred, or Solidworks), Design Software (Adobe Suite, Keyshot). Candidates with minimal CAD experience who show outstanding potential and motivation to learn CAD will be considered.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Project Management – Adheres closely to project plans and schedules; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others;
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Occasional travel may be requested.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Fine Arts, Product Design, or similar
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• 0-5 years of work experience will be considered
• Avid golfer a plus
• Experience in product development a plus