We are looking for a few talented, hungry, and multifaceted Industrial Designers to help create the future of air travel with Collins Aerospace. Integral to the Customer Experience & Design team (CXD), you are an ambitious and motivated self-starter, driven to envision new ideas that provide value to our customers, inspire business growth, and create desirable and differentiated passenger experiences. Our team collaborates with a wide variety of business units within Collins Aerospace, including Business Development, Strategy, Advanced Technology groups, and cross-functional engineering and prototype teams. Together, we identify and create compelling products and experiences for our worldwide customer base.
As a designer with CXD, you will execute all phases of the ID process: from conducting research and identifying user needs to creating visionary products with sketches and CAD, visualized with hyper-realistic renderings, physical mockups and ultimately industrialized into real-world flying experiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Research, analyze, recommend – you are comfortable demonstrating a deep understanding
of the wants and needs of our global airline network and their passengers
• Manage your time and deliverables of multiple projects through various phases of design,
development, and delivery
• Create and refine a wide variety of compelling designs through ideation, rapid sketching,
sketch-renders, CAD, V-Ray, physical mockups, etc.
• Understand and apply future trends in brand, design, technology, and materials
• Create 3D CAD models for product visualizations, development, and prototyping
• Concisely communicate concepts and ideas through verbal, visual, and written mediums
• Collaborate with Marketing, Design, and Engineering leadership to translate strategic
business goals into relevant product solutions
• Can take a rough sketch idea and turn it into a technical drawing for prototype mockups
• Hands-on model making is a plus
Candidates must possess a bachelor's degree in Industrial Design or a related field with a preferred of three years professional experience in the design industry. Aviation and/or transportation industry experience preferred; consultancy experience is a plus. You are a good candidate to design with CXD if you:
Are a creative visionary with rigorous attention to detail who understands how the smallest instance of delight can make a meaningful impact on a product or experience
Have a passion for design, technology, and developing creative solutions
Rapidly explore a wide variety of concepts and styling options through hand sketching and digital form studies (spatial, colors, finishes, materials, etc.)
Are highly proficient in using CAD (Rhino 3D, Siemens NX), 3D/2D rendering (Vray), Adobe Creative Suite (plus for Premiere Pro and After Effects), and MS Office
Are confident in creating and presenting impactful PowerPoint presentations
Are team-oriented with a positive attitude and are excited to learn and grow
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?