Credo Product Development, located in the Madison area, works as a multidisciplinary team of problem solvers offering complete design solutions derived from researching and understanding the user/product experience. We are seeking an Entry Level Industrial Designer for full-time employment following a 3-month evaluation period.
Credo offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits, including group health insurance, 401k, and paid vacation.
As part of the Credo team, you will work within a group of designers and engineers to execute on our clients’ brand and product-marketing goals and strategies. Projects consist of a range of products including consumer products, medical/dental devices, as well as laboratory/instrumentation devices. You will be involved in researching and understanding the user needs and opportunities as well as the technical requirements for a given project. Sketching and CAD modeling will be used extensively to generate product concepts, and you will be responsible for presenting your ideas both internally as well as to our clients. Additionally, you will create mood boards, CAD renderings, and 3D printed prototypes to meet design goals.
• Strong aesthetic sensibility and able to visually and verbally communicate through sketches, renderings and presentations
• Display an innovative, meaningful approach to design through user-based research
• Have a Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design or similar
• Exhibit strong skills in 2D computer software programs (Adobe CC, Sketchbook Pro or similar) as well as proficiency using a Wacom Cintiq.
• Exhibit strong skills in 3D computer software programs for modeling and rendering (SolidWorks and/or Creo preferred).
• Able to design/assemble models using 3D printed parts for evaluating form and function of designs.
• Possess knowledge about materials and finishes and manufacturing processes
• Well organized with a high attention to detail
• Able to multitask and work efficiently under tight timelines
• Able to work in a team environment and take direction
• 0-3 years of Industrial Design experience
Please send a resume and portfolio sample (examples: PDF, web link, etc.) to:
Director of Industrial Design
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.