As an Industrial Designer, you will be responsible for the research, conceptualization, and development of a superior user experience for the company’s physical and digital products. This involves assisting a lead project designer and working in collaboration with other designers as well as other disciplines.
• Conceptual Design - Conceptualize new and innovative products, including creating aspects of form, aesthetics and physical/psychological interfaces between users and products. Create sketches, renderings and models as necessary to convey design intent and resolve basic usability. Determine material, construction, mechanisms, shape, color, surface finish and manufacturing processes in cooperation with Engineering and Manufacturing. Communicate design solutions to management and other team members.
• Design Development & Support - Create 3-dimensional CAD models of appearance parts. Validate surface geometry with rapid prototype samples. Review CAD files, engineering drawings, tooling, prototypes and production parts to ensure that design intent is maintained. Communicate design intent and appearance quality standards with engineering and manufacturing, and coordinate with suppliers as necessary. Assist with product graphics. Support Engineering and Manufacturing in the development of prototypes. Conduct field testing in conjunction with Engineering to ensure that user needs have been met.
• Research - Discover, analyze and synthesize user insights and product requirements that lead to innovative, differentiated products and deliver new and unexpected value. Perform research and/or testing, which includes on-site data collection in customer facilities via observing, interviewing, and recording. Compile and present results to team members and management. Attend trade shows and professional events to keep current with trends.
• Miscellaneous – Assist with project documentation, product photography, training/assisting other designers/students, and performing other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree in Industrial Design
• Good written communication, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
• Analytical problem solving and judgement
• Must have valid driving privileges
• Ability to acquire lift truck license for appropriate Company lift truck
• Ability to travel occasionally with overnight stays (0-5%)
• 2 years Industrial Design experience (Salary will be commensurate with experience)
• Strong interaction design skills
• Intuitive and highly creative thinking with ability to apply insights in practical product terms
• Work effectively in a team environment with minimal supervision
Crown will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
No agency calls please.
Compensation and Benefits:
Crown offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Please include portfolio link with application.