Delta Faucet Company, one of the largest decorative plumbing products manufacturers in the world, is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our design team is an award-winning group providing creative direction and product portfolio management for an array of products in the kitchen and bathroom spaces including:
• Kitchen and lavatory faucets
• Tub and shower faucet units (i.e. valve controls, tub spouts, showerheads, hand showers, etc.)
• Body spray and shower panel systems
• All manner of accessories such as mirrors, shelving systems, towel bars and rings, robe hooks, tissue holders, bud vases, votive holders, drawer pulls and knobs, etc.
• Sanitary ware including toilets, etc.
• Bathing products including all varieties of tubs, shower surrounds, tub/shower combos, shower doors, etc.
• And integrating electronics and technology into almost all of the above
It is a fun category to work within as you design products everybody interacts with in many ways multiple times a day, all while working with water as a design element. Whether it’s the utility in the kitchen environment or the quiet retreat of the bathroom, water is essential. Have you ever really thought about how much water affects your daily life? Well the products on which you'll be working truly have an impact on people’s lives. You are never bored as we design this wide variety of products for our three brands of Peerless (www.peerlessfaucet.com), Delta (www.deltafaucet.com) and Brizo (www.brizo.com), spanning entry level all the way up to the premium high-end, for both the retail and trade channels.
You would be working within a semi-autonomous studio here at HQ consisting of the ID, R&D, and a Front End research teams, making for a creative blend of industrial designers, electrical, mechanical and chemical (think finishes) engineers, program managers and researchers whose sole job is to continually look 5-10 years out. From the industrial design standpoint, we handle every project making it into the product plan, so whoever fills this spot will be in a position to become a major contributor rather quickly.
• Solving product related design and styling problems in creative, timely, and cost-effective ways across all brands, categories and channels
• Preparing sketches, models and renderings of innovative product designs
• Presenting ideas in a clear manner through visual, written, and verbal form
• Determining materials, construction, mechanisms, form, color, surface finish and manufacturing processes in cooperation with other business functions
• Participating in and conducting consumer research for new product development and advanced concepts projects leading you to product innovation
• Providing input to ID management to further define portfolio needs
• Submitting and managing design patents
• Communicating with internal R&D and engineering staff, marketing teams, consumers, customers and suppliers to properly execute design assignments
Education & Experience:
• BA/BS or BFA in Industrial Design or Furniture Design
• Minimum 2+ years of consumer product and/or furniture design experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in translating user needs and research insights into great product concepts
• Advanced sketching and rendering skills
• Proficiency with 3D modeling computer systems (Creo, SolidWorks, etc.) is helpful, but not required
• Knowledge of KeyShot, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is useful, but not a necessity
• Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills
Are you someone who can balance multiple priorities, creatively solve problems and work toward big picture objectives without losing sight of important details? If so, Delta Faucet Company is an equal opportunity employer and we've got a spot for a fun and hardworking industrial designer who can bring aesthetics, functionality, and ergonomics together in a way that enhances the end user’s experience. Help us discover the intangibles and bring the user’s senses into play.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.