Design Integrity is searching for an experienced industrial designer to join our in-house design team. Our client list is continually expanding; come join a growing creative team that is building a portfolio of compelling, advanced products.
At Design Integrity we value the diverse, complementary skills, strengths, and perspectives of our award-winning creative team. We strive to create innovative, user-centered solutions to meet client objectives.
The industrial design team is primarily responsible for developing insightful solutions to meet client objectives. Each project entails an empathetical understanding of the target demographic, along with an inquisitive and creative assessment of function and form based on user interaction with a product or service.
Develop and document conceptual direction with a mix of sketching, technical illustration, 2D & 3D renderings, foam models, 3D CAD modeling and printing, and fabricated appearance / working models. Creative exploration utilizing other tools and processes is encouraged where warranted. Design proposal stages are reviewed as part of a sequential process to obtain cross-functional consensus.
Design team members are responsible for managing design solutions through to the point of production. This includes monitoring schedule, cost, and performance alternatives related to proposed material, manufacturing method, and assembly procedures. In addition, the designer creates specifications detailing CMFL requirements aligned with brand VBL requirements.
Collaborative engagement with cross-functional engineering and project management teams is an essential process element at Design Integrity. The industrial design team participates in project meetings and plays a leading role in conceptual presentations with partners and clients.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in industrial design.
• Minimum of 3 years professional experience designing in a product development environment. Preference for experience with a mix of commercial and consumer products.
• Take a collaborative approach on research projects and participate to develop key insights that translate into design solutions.
• A portfolio that demonstrates strategic thinking and the ability to translate research insights into compelling ideas. Proficient communication of process through visual thinking, mock-ups, sketching, 2D and 3D rendering and 3D CAD modeling.
• Demonstrated skill with Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) and digital rendering using Sketchbook Pro or similar.
• Knowledge of common manufacturing processes such as injection molding, machining, casting, rapid prototyping, traditional ID prototyping methods, stamping, etc.
• Effectively communicate product design intent to ensure design language is maintained throughout the entire product development cycle.
• Strong interpersonal, writing, and verbal communication skills
• Experience with UX/UI development is beneficial but not required.
Send in your resume and please include a sample portfolio with your application for consideration.