The Industrial Designer will have 5- 10 years of experience in the home fashions industry. He / She must be creative, enthusiastic, and motivated. The Industrial Designer will track home fashions trends, research the market, and develop exceptional designs to meet the consumer needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Conceptual development of ceiling fan and accessory product designs under direction provided by the Industrial Design Team
• Must display an eagerness to learn and a willingness to accept constructive criticism, and thrive in a collaborative environment.
• Ability to interact effectively with engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and others in the development of new products.
• Produce quality, creative, and innovative designs with an eye on the marketplace. Understanding of trends is essential.
• Research market for theme attributes including colors, materials, finishes, and textures.
• Design focus should also include the human factor and ergonomics with an understanding of consumer’s needs and user behavior.
• Preparation of inspiration boards, materials, and models for customer presentations and trade shows.
• Some travel expected.
• Maintain clean, organized, creative design department, as well as, own design space.
• Evidence of good interpersonal skills.
• Exhibit enthusiasm for learning and continued growth in the design field.
• Perform other duties as assigned that contribute to Hunter Fan success.
Bachelor Degree or relevant experience in Industrial Design or related field. Exhibits talent through portfolio.
Special qualifications or skills
• Must have 5- 10 years of experience designing home fashions..
• Proficiency in Solidworks required. Keyshot or other rendering program experience preferred. Experience with Adobe Suite programs is a plus.
In addition to completing your application please submit your portfolio of work to email@example.com