Johnson Fitness North America is seeking a mid-level industrial designer with 3-5 years of experience. We'd like you to join our team of dedicated design professionals and help solve the problems that our markets face. Our preferred candidate will have a varied background have had multiple product successes. As well, they should have a thorough understanding of the product development process. Industrial Designers work under the direction of the Director of Industrial Design.
We work on all aspects of the fitness markets: cardio, strength, and functional fitness. The work is engaging and offers many challenges. Some travel is expected for this position. This is a non-supervisory position but the expectation is that some small projects and tasks would be independently managed with other team members.
Send us at least 5 examples of your best work in PDF format along with your current resume. If you have a link to an online portfolio please send that as well. Portfolio samples should include development work [analysis, sketches, models, renders, etc.], CAD and examples of product concepts that made it to production. Submissions without portfolio work will NOT be considered. Note: files sizes have a 4MB limit
*International candidates must hold a valid US working visa to apply.
**This position will have the ability to work from home following on-site training in Cottage Grove, WI. The selected candidate will be expected to work on-site full time following the pandemic.
Find us online:
Our offices are located in Cottage Grove, Wisconsin, about 10 miles away from Madison: voted consistently as one of the best cities to in live in within the US.
• Establishes and maintains good working relationships
• Strives to constantly improve skill sets: illustration, modeling, communication
• Involved with peers in professional development, classes or associations
• Works well with others in a team structure
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Is open minded and creative
• Works under general supervision
Research & Development:
• Assists with research projects: conducts interviews, maintains budgets, distills data sets, and develops insights from data
• Develops concept drawings and designs from research driven data
• Supports brand efforts with industrial design, research and computer modeling
• Attends tradeshows regularly in and outside of the fitness industry
• Sketching, computer modeling, concept renders and graphics as needed
• Analysis of human factors and use data
• Contributes and promotes ideas within the development cycle
• Maintains high quality work ethic: clear understandable sketches and illustrations.
• Demonstrates commitment to management system by completion of KPI's on time or sooner
Marginal Job Functions:
• Other projects as needed.
• Four year degree in industrial design
• 2- 4 years experience within an industrial design environment as a consultant or as an in-house designer
• Requires evidence of a diverse portfolio
• Proficiency in 3D modeling and computer graphics: Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel, Freehand, Rhino, Solid Works, Alias or Form Z, Word Suite.
• Some domestic travel
• Some overseas travel
• Ability to work closely with others and independently
• Must have extremely good written and verbal communication skills
• Has strong Industrial design skills: hand sketching, 2D vector art, 3D modeling. Solid communication skills: verbal, written.
• Understands common production methods and materials
• Understands shipping and marketing constraints
• Knowledge of injection plastic molding
• effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong sense of initiative and a sense of urgency, demonstrated by accomplishing tasks; improving current work processes; and assisting others when necessary
• Unwavering attention to detail and commitment to world-class quality
• Ability to embrace deadlines
• Able to project a positive and professional demeanor to all internal and external contacts
We offer an excellent compensation package and team-oriented work environment with growth opportunities.
Some of our outstanding benefits include:
• Health & Dental Insurance
• Company paid Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off benefits
• Free access to our state-of-the-art onsite workout facility
• Product discounts
• Wellness programs
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/ozMQY5IJVp6DIgGMiBkxX