Jupe is building a novel network of deployable, habitable structures built to rove the earth and provide shelter on demand. Come build the future of flat-packed shelter with us. Check the Careers @ Jupe page here.
What you'll be doing:
As an industrial designer you will help to research and understand the physical and social spaces into which our products will go into service. You will visualize, design, validate, and manufacture Jupe’s next generation of structures in partnership with our engineering, marketing, production, and business teams to serve company goals and the greater good.
- Visualize concepts in appropriate fidelity (sketch through render) via traditional and digital methods
- Translate concepts into digital formats (CAD) and back into the physical realm (prototyping)
- Communicate concepts and ideas through verbal, visual, and written medium
- Fabricate and deploy prototypes
- Work with production team to investigate and solve problems
- Coordinate with engineers on product
- Communicate with vendors and suppliers on technical matters
- Softgoods design experience a bonus
- Produce extraordinary results on tight timeframes, autonomously
- Bachelor’s or an advanced degree in Industrial Design
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with DFM methods and CAD practices, especially Solidworks and OnShape
- Rendering and image creation through render software and Creative Suite
- Ability to physically prototype and validate concepts as well as represent those in an array of formats
- High communication ability
Bonus Point for:
- Soft goods design experience
- Enthusiasm for the outdoors, utopian visions, achingly beautiful design, and mechanical experimentation
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small openings.
- Ability to work safely from ladders.
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to sawdust, odors, and noise.
- Operational schedule may vary based on company needs. Schedule flexibility is required.
- Travel may be required to support delivery, setup, product support, and vendor management.