We’re seeking a full-time Industrial Designer to join our team.
This role is focused on concept development and ideation, 3D CAD modeling, and prototype fabrication.
Be a part of the most creative team you’ll ever join.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Industrial Design
3 – 5+ years in a collaborative design environment
• A creative self-starter eager to contribute their vision and creative execution through work with our core staff in Raleigh.
• An inspired, creative thinker with well-organized ability to manage their own tasks and build their own career.
• A perpetual student of styling, process, technology, and art.
• High proficiency in design sketching, visual software (Adobe CS, others), 3D CAD modeling (Solidworks), and fabrication experience.
• High proficiency in 3-dimensional styling and confidence in creative decisions founded on user research and design references.
• Strong understanding of project execution and practical applications of creative work.
This role requires someone who is comfortable with many different types of software, online project scheduling, time management, and an understanding of how to solve their own everyday technical issues.
NICE TO HAVE:
• Knowledge and experience of specific molding and production techniques (implementing tolerance, draft, etc)
• Knowledge and interest in integrating industrial design with the visual brand development process
Candidates will be willing to adapt their skills to a variety of tasks including participating in design research, early conceptualization and design direction brainstorming. You will be working within our ID team and alongside our graphics + branding team in collaboration on most projects. You will foster your advancement by managing projects of your own.
We require submission of your résumé and a strong portfolio of your best work in product design, CAD modeling, prototype fabrication, and most importantly, your design process.
Portfolios should be a link to an online collection of work, or a PDF less than 25MB.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.