*Note - this job is in St. Charles, IL in the suburbs of Chicago. Please only apply if you are willing and able to work in this location.
Fuseneo is seeking an industrial designer to join our packaging innovation team who can not only produce great work, but will truly serve our clients and our team every step of the way. We are looking for Mid-Senior level ID talent who are capable of working independently as well as lead a team. Packaging design experience and Solid 3D skills needed.
Our ID team develops designs and prototypes for some of the world’s largest brands, with a focus on design quality and manufacturability. Because we always work to exceed expectations, our clients keep coming back to us with new challenges and unique projects. We don't like middle men, so we are looking for designers who can also act as point of contact for our clients and work on time and under budget independently.
Minimum 3+ years post-education work experience
Project management and team-leading experience, please
3D modeling experience in Solidworks and NX preferred
Ability to produce top quality work while working on several projects at a time in a fast paced environment
Packaging experience is a big ol' plus - we focus largely on e-Commerce and sustainability
Experience in a manufacturing organization such as paper/corrugated, thermoforming, blow molding, etc. are a plus
Must be authorized to work in the US
- Meet with clients to understand design tasks and develop brief with project timeline and criteria
- Sketch and develop product ideas and concept development with a team or independently; leading projects subject to team review
- Work with multiple design disciplines for concept manufacturability, including design engineers and graphic designers
- Identify the suitability and availability of materials to best meet client needs
- Make samples or working models by hand or using prototyping equipment
- Test design concepts by modeling or physical hands-on testing
- Researching materials, processes and market requirements
- Possible travel to clients' production or design facilities to meet with teams and/or evaluate feasibility of production (infrequent)
- Make presentations internally (among cross-functional team) and externally (to clients) to show concepts, required deliverables, etc.
- Support basic graphic design work through renderings and other projects
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed and assigned
Please send resume, current portfolio, and salary expectations to email@example.com
Must be authorized to work in the US and unfortunately, we are not able to offer sponsorship now or in the future.