Sharper Image is looking for an Industrial designer to join our Design Team. We are an organization developing products in the fields of Innovative consumer electronics, wellness and toys.
Sharper Image is part of the ThreeSixty Group and is located in a purpose built, Research and Development campus in Irvine, California. The new campus employs over 120 individuals and is situated in the heart of the developing Southern California tech community. The company also has locations in New York, Dallas, Hong Kong and China.
The position requires each designer to work on a wide variety of products, across categories. Applicants need to have a strong aesthetic sensibility, love to innovate, can build complete product experiences, can push boundaries, embrace the unusual and have the drive and skillset to take ideas from concept through to production. The majority of the team are ex-agency so you will be part of a highly collaborative award-winning in-house design team. Note the position is highbred.
Applicants must submit a portfolio as either a PDF or a link to a website as part of their application. All applications need to be in by 22st November 2021
Responsibilities & Priorities
• The strategic evolution of products and brands.
• Participate and sometimes lead brainstorming sessions.
• CAD development.
• An eye for creating copy and beautiful compelling renderings and presentations.
• Collaboration with teams across multiple creative and business disciplines.
• Manage manufacturing partners.
Core Competencies & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Industrial Design.
• Proficient in Rhino and/or SolidWorks.
• Proficient in rendering.
• Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Has a core understanding in mass production manufacturing techniques.
• Initiative and drive to manage your own projects.
• Works well in a team.
• Good knowledge of design trends.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent critical thinker and problem solver.