Sound United is seeking a talented Industrial Designer to join our in-house Global Design Center located in Carlsbad, California. During the Covid-19 pandemic we are working remotely, but will be back to a brand new office when we can occupy the office again. We are looking for an individual who is ready to collaborate in the creation of category leading products for Sound United’s multiple audio brands: Bowers & Wilkens, Denon, Marantz, Polk, Definitive Technology, HEOS, and Boston Acoustics.
As a member of the Industrial Design team, the selected candidate will work closely with experienced designers, UI/UX, engineers, and brand managers to help shape the next generation of home audio. We work on a variety of products that span a wide range of price points and markets all over the world. It’s a great opportunity to gain new experiences and work on projects that will go to production. We are looking for a candidate that can join the team and quickly make an impact.
• Implementation of all stages of industrial design and development: from early concept through production. Taking responsibility for creative output, schedule, and maintaining design integrity from start to finish.
• Balance a workload of multiple projects that span multiple brands.
• Observing, collecting, and sharing trend insights with team members.
• Quickly generate concepts and create amazing sketches, renderings, and presentations that feasibly meet brand and product brief goals.
• Create robust 3D design models for design review and exchange with the engineering team.
• Collaborate with engineering team and factories to maintain design intention.
• Create mockups with in house 3D printer and/or external resources.
• Represent the design team in meetings and presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
• Continually research new materials and processes to add to our capabilities.
• Interest in learning about acoustics and the science of sound.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design with 3+ years of experience in product development
• Impressive portfolio demonstrating your work and thinking
• Excellent sketching, form development, CAD modeling, rendering skills
• Proficient in Solidworks
• Proficient in 3D rendering (Keyshot preferred)
• Presentation tools (Creative Suite, PowerPoint)
• Capacity to take charge of a complete project
• Organized, attention to detail, and able to work well with a team
• Interest in music / movies / games is a plus!
About Sound United:
Built upon legacies that span decades, Sound United is home to a vast portfolio of brands: Bowers & Wilkens, Denon, Marantz, Polk, Definitive Technology, HEOS, Boston Acoustics. Each brand is a unique voice in the home entertainment experience.
A global force in more than 100 countries and counting, we’re a diverse team of dreamers, inventors, entrepreneurs and musicians — all working in unison to deliver products that represent the pinnacle of audio excellence.
Leveraging the latest technologies to reproduce the very best in home theater and music listening — from revolutionizing the industry with a limitless array of Hi-Fi separates and systems, to engineering the first AV receivers and sound bars that work with Amazon Alexa — we pioneer innovation that changes how we enjoy media in all forms
Excellent compensation, benefits, and work environment. In addition to a competitive salary and attractive incentive program, we offer a collaborative and open work environment along with professional development opportunities.
EEO: Sound United is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices