We are seeking an Industrial Designer to join our growing creative team. In this position, you will be responsible to analyze, visualize, prototype, create and deliver new product concepts and designs. This role requires an individual who has a passion for product as well as a passion for design. We are seeking somebody that will fit into and enhance our culture and understands the processes and methodologies used in creative innovation. We want a creative thinker who can visualize and support their ideas throughout the entire process of product creation; from problem/opportunity identification to 3D model creation, prototyping, engineering resolution and final concept delivery. The ideal candidate understands this process and wants to be hands on in every aspect of bringing a product to life.
Our product categories are focused in the housewares industry, from kitchen tools and gadgets to closet and pantry organization. We are looking for people that are ready to change the way consumers interact with the tools they use in the kitchen and throughout their homes.
• Participates in or reviews market research on new product concepts
• Researches existing products related to product concepts under development, including review of competitive patents where appropriate
• Prepares sketch drawings of potential products from general product concepts
• Prepares presentations to introduce potential products to Marketing
• Prepares 3-D CAD data for the development of functional prototypes
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree: B.S.I.D., B.F.A, or B.A.I.D.
• 2+ years experience in Consumer Product Design & Development.
• Kitchen food prep tools a plus
• Strong portfolio demonstrating creative, artistic, and problem-solving skills and the ability to integrate those with functional utility to meet consumer demand and acceptance.
• Ability to balance design ownership with realities of manufacturability and engineering.
• Ability to work with others as part of the product development process.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to communicate easily with sketches
• 3D CAD experience (Solid Works)
• Solid Modeling / Surfacing skills a must
• Strong medical, dental and vision insurance
• Life insurance
• 401(k) with match
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
Please submit your resume and portfolio.