Industrial designers at Stafl Systems are responsible for conceptualizing and developing original products, addressing user/product interfaces, ergonomics, aesthetics and manufacturability. Industrial designers collaborate with all members of the Stafl Systems team, including electrical, mechanical and software engineers; programmers and fellow designers on projects spanning a range of industries. Designers help own the concept development process, including the physical form, interface details, color, material and finish; manufacturing processes and packaging designs.
The successful candidate will have a strong eye for aesthetics, and be able to adapt designs to meet an existing design language. While physical product development is the primary focus, industrial designers need to be well-rounded and comfortable providing support with related visual design fields as well.
1. Conduct research to help define product requirements
2. Develop product concepts
3. Participate in design reviews and critiques
4. Collaborate across disciplines to address technical and other restraints
5. Work with mechanical, electrical, and software engineers and programmers to shepherd concepts to production
6. Provide support for tasks related to UX/UI and graphic design
1. 3-5 years of industrial design experience
2. A minimum of 2 years of UX/UI design and/or graphic design experience
3. Strong concept visualization abilities using sketching and model-making techniques
4. Proficiency with SolidWorks, Keyshot, and the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator
5. Excellent communications skills
6. Bachelor or Master’s degree in industrial design, graphic design or a related field
Desired Experience or Skills:
1. Experience designing user interfaces for web-based applications
2. Experience working with CSS and HTML
This position requires a portfolio submission
Please submit your portfolio as an attachment to your application or as a link on your resume or LinkedIn profile.
Stafl Systems Does Not Sponsor Work Visas
Stafl Systems requires candidates to be authorized to work for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship. We are unable to sponsor H1-B visas for candidates.
Stafl Systems, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Please apply via LinkedIn and include a link to your portfolio on your LinkedIn Profile and/or attached resume.
Collect your best work and submit it to the 2020 Core77 Design Awards — it will go in front of a group of the top designers practicing today, and winners will claim vast bragging rights, media attention and an amazing trophy.
Enter today to beat the looming regular deadline – March 9th!Enter the C77DA x