Tetrafab Corporation, a global leader in the design and manufacture of custom cases, is seeking to add a talented Industrial Designer to work in Tetrafab’s Corporate Office located in Floyds Knobs, Indiana. We are a privately held, dynamic company doing business around the world and proud to provide custom case solutions to a Who’s Who of Fortune 500 OEM’s. Every case we design is custom built for the application, serving clients among a diverse range of industries—portable electronics, medical equipment, sporting goods, food service, and more.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
In this creative design role, you will work closely with members of Tetrafab’s internal sales, marketing and project management teams, in addition to R&D and manufacturing personnel in China to develop and manufacture high volume case solutions designed to enhance our customer’s product by adding style, functionality, protection and brand recognition. Our process will allow you to collaborate directly with talented Industrial Designers and Engineers throughout North America and Asia to develop leading edge products that will be sold business to business or at the retail level. Every day is a new challenge!
Key responsibilities include:
• Interpret written and drawn specifications to help define all forms of soft-sewn and thermoformed cases
• Participate in design review and ideation sessions with project management, marketing and other staff
• Work directly with clients’ industrial design or engineering personnel to develop custom case solutions for their end product
• Assist in the selection of construction, materials and hardware to functionally achieve client objectives
• Support preliminary design with sketches and rendering suitable to illustrate concepts and design intent
• Create 3D solid/surface modeling, graphic layouts and technical drawings for approved case designs
• Prepare design proposal presentations and manufacturing tech packs
• Enjoy being part of an organized team that values Authenticity, Creativity, Perseverance, Value Creation, Building Relationships and Consistency
WHO YOU ARE:
• You have a 4-year degree in industrial design or related field, at minimum—or equivalent experience
• You have 3+ years relevant professional experience—experience in sewn products and textile development is strongly preferred, but not a strict requirement
• You have a good understanding of practices, principles, and techniques employed in product design and production—we will train on specifics of case manufacturing
• You have proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator/Photoshop) and Microsoft Office Applications
• You have proficiency in Solidworks 3D solid/surface modeling at part and assembly level
• You, preferably, have experience in 3D printing for occasional rapid prototyping
• You are a team player, able to build trust and communicate effectively with colleagues and clients in person, via email or through video conferencing
• You are confident enough to persuasively communicate ideas, but humble enough to value other’s opinions and critiques
• You possess an innovative spirit, but are able to find balance working within project constraints and budgetary requirements to achieve client objectives and expectations
• You possess a mechanical aptitude that enables you to pragmatically problem-solve within manufacturing limitations (we design case solutions, not case concepts)
• You are self-driven, dependable and thrive on being productive
• You are able to create, organize and manage documentation of ID specifications
For consideration, please submit a resume and several representative work samples in PDF format or via URL. Resumes submitted without work samples will not be considered.
Tetrafab Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.