We are passionate Toy Creators! We’ve been coming up with new ideas that bring kids and families together for over 37+ years! This passion leads us to attack the day ahead like there is no tomorrow. Above all we are a Creative Company where positivity, fun and great ideas are at the core of who we are! We have an exciting opportunity for an Industrial Designer to work with a dynamic creative team in our Atlanta office.
The Industrial Designer is a hands-on position that manages product design and development for all toy programs in the Atlanta office.
- Helps brainstorm new toy ideas!
- Works collaboratively with Creative, Engineering, Product Integrity, Project Management and our Hong Kong office on the function and design of all toy programs
- Creates aspects of form aesthetics, size, and ergonomics to include human factors expertise to evaluate ease of use and appropriateness of how children handle and play with toys
- Generates preliminary specifications to include material selection, texture, color, and mechanical solutions for design evaluation and preliminary pricing
- Creates 3D files using SolidWorks and manages freelancers as needed
- Creates color specifications and reviews the number of paint ops with Engineering, Creative, and Hong Kong
- Participates in a concept reconciliation meeting prior to presentation to ensure creative design intent is achieved
- Provides Hong Kong with 3D files, 3-view files, turn-a-rounds, models, and engraving art for the execution for reference and direction as provided by Creative, and/or a licensors style guide
- Ensures that all models are provided either internally or coordinated to be built in Hong Kong with outside service providers so that needed prototypes, mockups and samples for review with licensors and clients are accurate to given designs
- Develops packaging die-lines and box whites for premium products for presentation and production, as required
- A passion for toys, new ideas and good design
- Bachelor’s in Industrial/Product Design AND 3+ years’ experience in an industrial/toy design position at a retail toy company or 3D design studio
- Product illustration skills are a must; consumer of pop culture
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and limitations, including plastic molding, printing and sewn goods
- Must be proficient with 3D design programs such as SolidWorks and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Positive demeanor, flexible and a good sense of humor
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are invited to forward their resume & portfolio to: email@example.com. Please include samples from your portfolio or link to your website.