The Johnson & Johnson (J&J) Medical Devices Industrial Design & Human Factors (IDHF) organization is seeking an Industrial Designer who is passionate about improving the quality of people's lives through remarkable user experiences.
With worldwide sales of over $27 billion, J&J Medical Devices is one of the world’s largest, most creative surgical companies. We are a growing organization with over 8 global and domestic IDHF teams. Our IDHF Orthopaedic Solutions Team provides design leadership for business units under the Depuy Synthes portfolio spanning across Joints, Trauma, Spine, Sports and Advanced Innovation businesses. You may have the option to reside in either Warsaw, IN, Raynham, MA or Westchester, PA.
Are you passionate about joining a diverse and collaborative team, striving to craft product solutions that improve patient outcomes while delivering exceptional user experiences? In this role you will collaborate with internal and external partners to plan and execute user research, review and synthesize the findings, and uncover new opportunities and unmet needs. You will sketch and use digital tools, CAD models, mock-ups and prototypes to quickly and deftly communicate ideas with other designers and the product development teams. Your communication, teamwork and influencing skills will drive alignment behind the best solutions. Finally, your design thinking methodologies will help business partners understand abstract concepts and provide a vision for the future of our offerings.
Johnson & Johnson family of companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- A BS/BA in Industrial Design is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience (including Co-op, Internship) is required.
- You have a strong in interest in working within medical device development.
- You can demonstrate excellent visual communication skills using traditional sketching and digital media.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You're proficient using parametric CAD (SolidWorks, NX, Pro-Engineer or similar) craft 3D forms that capture design intent and are suitable for downstream use by the R&D team.
- You have experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- You have additional skills and hands-on experiences that augment the medical device design process (e.g., Human Factors Engineering, Cognitive Psychology, Graphic Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, Mechanical Engineering, Clinical Experience…etc.) are a plus.
- You are willing to travel up to 10% of the time and may be based in any of the before mentioned locations.
- You are interested in working out of either Warsaw, IN, Raynham, MA or West Chester, PA.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.