The ideal candidate is a highly creative, self-motivated individual that works well in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage time effectively to meet project deadlines. You are passionate about the details and have a proven track record of creating products that are authentic to a brand, and connect emotionally with consumers.
• Lead design projects from concept to production release in collaboration with other disciplines, following the product development process.
• Ensure that early design concepts convey the consumer benefits, have best in class craftsmanship, excellent ergonomics and innovative solutions while meeting cost targets and manufacturing capabilities.
• Utilize competitive analysis, consumer and trend research to identify product opportunities, color / material trends and market trends to drive product ideation and proposals.
• Develop innovative design solutions according to brand design strategy
• Efficiently communicate ideas and generate design proposals through ideation sketches, refined 2D renderings and 3D CAD
• Develop 3D digital theme surface models
• Work closely with engineering team to establish product packaging criteria and guide surface development
• Create mockups to study ergonomics, packaging, and form
• Support new product development and engineering for six brands of power boat products.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in industrial, transportation or product design
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design of marine, recreational, transportation or consumer products with proven, quantifiable results
• Experience leading design activity through the development process
• Professionally developed design and presentation skills including concept generation, sketching, 3D CAD and graphic design
• Desire and experience in physical prototyping. Experience with digital prototyping and prototyping soft/sewn goods is a plus
• Proactive in identifying, owning and solving problems
• Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and manage time appropriately
• Experience collaborating in the corporate environment for new product development, engineering and manufacturing
• Basic knowledge of composite, aluminum, roto-molded thermoplastic and soft good manufacturing techniques
• Proficient in Photoshop and/or Painter, Illustrator. Experience in CATIA, Rhino a plus
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.