We want as many kids as possible to love to ride their bikes - to make the world a better place!
Be yourself. Be open. Stay curious and humble. Collaborate. Challenge.
Grow - every single day. These are the behaviors you need to succeed at woom bikes.
Does it sound like you? Then apply now and take woom to the #nextlevel! ??
About the Opportunity
woom is the largest and fastest-growing direct-to-consumer kids’ bicycle brand that is endorsed by parents and kids alike. Our sustainable and lightweight bikes have won awards and created a loyal customer base all over the world! We are looking for someone who is as bold as our bikes, mission and culture.
As an Industrial Designer at woom, you will be responsible for identifying unique opportunities for user centric innovation and to craft stories that develop into world class design solutions. The Industrial Designer is a central member of our team. Working alongside and supporting our senior designers and design lead, you will be hands-on in our fast paced team. You will have the opportunity to work across all aspects of the design process: from user focused research to the end product. You will bring your creative mindset and passion for user centric design to deliver innovative, meaningful products and experiences.
- Be a creative force in a small team.
- Deliver innovative concept designs and approaches.
- Research, conceive, develop and deliver incredible products and user experiences across our product portfolio.
- Create extraordinary user journeys, identifying opportunities and routes for innovation.
- Compile engaging, on-brand presentations. Communicate these effectively to the wider company.
- Interface efficiently with the wider product teams.
- Communicate effectively with external partners, suppliers and manufacturers.
- Craft strategic design stories that translate into tangible concepts and ultimately class-leading products.
- Create 3D CAD to a high level suitable for prototyping and (in some cases) production.
- Design innovative packaging for new and existing products.
- Be a design champion within the business, promoting creative design thinking and approaches.
- 2+ years experience in a product (or industrial) design related discipline, in house or consultancy.
- Experience in Gravity Sketch / VR sketching.
- Highly proficient in KeyShot.
- An excellent knowledge of 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred).
- Fluent in English since the team communicates entirely in English.
- An inspiring design portfolio showcasing:
- A high level of proficiency in sketching, model making, 2D design development (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- A clear understanding and drive for user centered design approaches
- A strong graphical presentation layout
- An exceptional eye for detail
Who you are
- BA or MA (masters) in a related Industrial (or product) design course.
This role is based in Greater Vienna, Austria (Klosterneuburg), and requires the ability to work in the EU without visa restrictions.
Who we are
We are an international, multicultural team with more than 10 nationalities. Our working environment is flexible: in our cool office you sit in the middle of the team for optimal exchange, but you also have enough space to work in peace and the possibility to work from home. At our regular 12 o'clock presentations you can get a good picture of each other's projects and also get company-wide updates from the other departments. With over 180 employees it can be difficult to maintain the startup atmosphere, so we place a lot of emphasis on a friendly working atmosphere and extensive onboarding.
For this position, we offer you a gross monthly salary starting at EUR 2,998.00 on a full-time basis. Of course, we take into account your individual qualifications and experience and are willing to pay an appropriate overpayment. We will be happy to discuss the details in person.
We think that the most valuable thing we can offer you, besides a fair salary and good fringe benefits, is our great mission.
Flexibility is not just a buzzword with us, it is our way of work: if your job profile allows, you work within a broad flextime framework with a short core time. Our flexitime model allows you to consume your extra hours as time off and, in accordance with your people leader, you work either in the office or from another location within Austria.
Of course, we also provide free coffee, tea and the much-cited fruit basket, which we don't think is so bad ;-) as well as supported lunch and a job ticket for sustainable commuting.
We strive to celebrate successes and promote togetherness, whether with small events or our legendary Christmas party.