Custom Play Designer
Want to work for the world’s leader in play design and equipment manufacturing? We are looking for an Industrial Designer to join the team, to create indoor and outdoor playgrounds for the PlayPower family of brands. We’re looking for creative team members, passionate about play.
The Custom Play Designer will create realistic and compelling representations of product(s) to customers for multiple brands. They will create designs and renderings, working closely with internal and external teams to bring the customer’s vision to life, within their budget. This team member must have an uncompromising work ethic and thrives on creativity and working in a team environment. S/he will develop product in 3D, utilizing strong photorealistic rendering and design skills. S/he will also be impeccably detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, self-disciplined, inquisitive, and both process and product oriented. This role leans towards the "industrial design" side, rather than "graphic design" although a background in both may be an asset. We're looking for someone with seasoned design experience. A background in a field such as museum exhibits, set design, themed environments, or amusement parks is a definite plus!
This position works in-person out of our Huntersville, NC office. This is a first-shift position, generally working Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm, or as required.
Essential Job Results:
• Communicate effectively by working well with others and communicating with sales representatives, customers, co-workers, engineers, etc. so that designs meet the customer’s aesthetic and budget, and so that the Indoor Play group can win projects.
• Manage and organize multiple projects at a time, effectively prioritizing to meet deadlines.
• Create custom themed playgrounds from initial concepts while collaborating with designers, sales and engineering teams.
• Design three-dimensional playground structures and components in 3DS Max, AutoCAD and other programs.
• Produce photorealistic renderings and detailed presentation packages of custom and themed play structures.
• Create custom art work and themed elements to enhance play structures.
• Create and maintain 2D & 3D AutoCAD blocks and presentation templates
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in either Industrial or Architectural Design or similar required.
• 3+ years’ experience in product and/or environmental design or related field required at minimum.
• Experience in a field such as museum exhibits, set design, themed environments, or amusement parks preferred.
• Proficient in AutoCAD and 3DS Max.
• Photorealistic rendering knowledge and experience required.
• Strong working knowledge of Adobe products including Illustrator and Photoshop required.
• Strong balance between creative & technical abilities required.
• Competitive base salary
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Company paid life insurance, long term disability and short term disability
• Paid vacation (12 days/year) and holidays (11 holidays/year)
• 401(K) plan with company match
• Fun, results-oriented work environment
• Safety glasses and other PPE provided; safety shoe reimbursement program
To be formally considered, please apply through our website at www.playpower.com/careers.
Qualified candidates only. Although we appreciate all interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Additional company information is available at www.playpower.com. Reference checks and pre-employment drug testing will be conducted.
PlayPower is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.