Two Twelve is a public information design firm in New York City that develops sustainable, user-centered designs to help people understand an increasingly complicated world. Established nearly 40 years ago, at the outset of the specialized field of environmental graphic design (EGD), today we leverage the principles of EGD to help people understand complex information.
Our creative teams collaborate with clients across industries to produce design solutions that organize and communicate information-rich materials to a broad audience, promoting positive and accessible user experiences. Current projects comprise major reports and communications, significant transit plans and visioning, and identity design for cultural organizations.
We seek the addition of a passionate, innovative, and collaborative Graphic Designer with 2-6 years of experience to join our innovative design firm as an information designer. You will be involved in all phases of the design process, participating in client meetings, research, stakeholder interviews, design strategy, content development, design and production. In collaboration with other designers and a robust portfolio of clients, you will adapt information into meaningful print and web-based reports, visioning and strategy plans, presentations, collateral, map designs and brand identities.
· Education: 4-year college degree (preferably a BFA in Graphic Design or related design field)
· Experience: 2-6 years of work experience in graphic design with a focus on information design; proven skills in managing all phases of a project – following through on all tasks; ability to thrive in an environment that requires adapting to shifting priorities and juggling multiple deadlines
· Design Skills: A strong design sensibility and typographic skills; clear conceptual thinking and ability to ideate / iterate to solve design problems; ability to distill concepts into narratives and prepare client presentations that advance the project goals; ability to understand, interpret and visualize data as infographics
· Technical Skills: High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (knowledge of Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision or other web prototyping tools is a plus!)
· Strengths: An open and positive personality; attention to detail with outstanding organizational skills; at ease working collaboratively with other designers as well as independently; effective communication skills that allow you to clearly articulate ideas verbally and visually; comfortable accepting feedback and an eagerness to learn
If you find inspiration in tackling complex information in order to develop innovative and engaging design solutions, and meet the above requirements, please email a brief cover letter (explaining your interest in the position), resume, a website link or pdf of 8-12 portfolio samples, salary requirements, and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "COMM19 + Your Name"
Two Twelve offers competitive benefits and compensation commensurate with applicable experience. Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No calls please. We will only consider candidates authorized to work in the U.S.