Belzberg Architects is searching hybrid candidate that can efficiently work between interior design and architecture. The ideal candidate will be able to navigate seamlessly from the larger architectural problem to an intimate material detail. Mandatory experience of 4 years with large single-family homes and design forward commercial renovation and institutional projects. Experience with cultural and hospitality projects is a plus. The position being offered is full-time.
Responsibilities will include:
· All the usual stuff—design, coordination, client meetings, presentations, site visits, full-scale mockups, etc. You will be involved in all aspects of the projects you work on.
· Working with the team closely. Our employees have the autonomy to complete work in whatever way they choose, but will need to also stay connected to the team.
· Contributing to a creative, easy-going and friendly office environment. It’s important that we enjoy where we work and the people we work with.
We are looking for:
· An outgoing and warm personality that will mesh well with our current staff. A collaborative spirit is required.
· A sharp design eye complimented by a scrappy positive can-do attitude.
· Proficiency in using AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is mandatory.
· Proficiency in computer modeling, rendering is mandatory
· Proficiency in Autodesk Revit is a plus.
· Experience with custom furniture and lighting fixture design and fabrication is mandatory
· Experience with the design, sourcing, specification, procurement and installation phases is highly desired.
· Experience working in interior design and architecture firms with similar types and high quality of work is mandatory.
· Professional degree in Interior Design or Architecture from an accredited institution.
Details regarding salary & benefits will be provided during interviews. However, please be prepared to provide your expectations for salary & benefits to facilitate the discussion.
Instructions for applying – please read carefully.
· Resume and work samples shall be compiled in a single PDF (8mb max.) and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Online portfolios are acceptable, but not preferred.
· If available, please include samples of presentation, construction, fabrication, specification documents you were in direct control of creating.
· No telephone calls or walk-ins please. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we are only able to respond to those we are interested in interviewing.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.