SEEKING A JUNIOR – INTERMEDIATE INTERIOR DESIGNER
We are a well-known high end residential firm located in Mill Valley.
We offer HUGE opportunity for growth. Your efforts & achievements will be recognized!
THE PREREQUISITES = IDEAL CANIDATE
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in a design related field
• AutoCAD is essential to this role
• Experience with Revit and Sketchup to assist architectural team
• Adobe suite: Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
• Microsoft Word, Excel
• Experience with project management software, Gantt charts preferred, but non-essential
• 1-3+ years of residential interior design experience plus design degree preferred
• Knowledge of Industry vendors, both brick & mortar, and online
THE REQUIREMENTS = YOU WILL
• Liaise between clients, sub-contractors, contractors, and design principal to drive the design process towards a successful outcome
• Create CAD drawings, including but not limited to floorplans, reflected ceiling plans, electrical plans and detailed elevations, custom furniture
• Communicate directly with clients both in person and remotely to refine project details
• Manage procurement of items and oversight of ordering & deliveries
• Source furniture, finishes, and accessories, confirming pricing and availability
• Gather inspiration images for specific projects and studio library
• Create budgets, schedules, and specifications
• Maintain fabric and materials library
• Pick up & return samples to vendors
• Coordinate vendor presentations for new products and materials
• Distribute relevant product information to design team
• Prepare, manage, and maintain project files, correspondence, drawings, etc.
• Correspond with vendors to acquire quotes and product lead times
THE ESSENTIALS = YOU ARE
• A self-starter, someone who can take initiative to find solutions on their own with minimal supervision.
• Flexible = able to manage last minute changes related to work scope, budgets, delays
• A master at prioritizing
• Able to thrive within a team environment
• A customer service guru who is comfortable communicating with clients, consultants, vendors, and internal staff
• Professional, presentable, confident, and creative with a positive assertiveness
• Super organized
• An excellent communicator with above average written and oral skills
• Reliable = You have a dependable vehicle. You are comfortable driving to job sites throughout the Bay Area.
• Exhibit high level of reasoning and critical thinking
• Problem solving is your superpower.
• Part time (approx. 24 hours/week)
• This is not a remote position
Compensation is commensurate with experience and expertise.