Position Title: Junior Designer
Department: Creative Services
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Art Director
Location: Burbank, CA
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented design professional to join our growing organization. If you are creative, detailed-oriented, resourceful and enthusiastic about working to advance public media, we would love to hear from you!
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tells stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels—KCET and PBS SoCal—are available for free on internet-connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations, and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The position will support the Art Director in working with the Creative Services department to produce print and digital designs for advertising, fundraising, web, event collateral, and advancing concepts and key art for original productions and station initiatives. This position will collaborate significantly with creative and marketing teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
Design & Production
• Supports the Art Director and colleagues in the Creative Services department in the creation of graphic elements to enhance experiences support multi-platform creative content.
• Provides design and production support to a variety of digital and print collateral, including but not limited to invitations, postcards, posters, banners, publication ads, branded items, digital ads and graphics, OTT assets, web experiences and more.
• Illustrates concepts and approaches in project exploration phase, from rough layouts and sketches to presentation ready production that is aligned with brand standards.
• Works with team members to ensure proper application of brand standards across on-air, print, and digital content.
• Tracks progress of creative projects through project management software
• Helps archive, and maintain organizational standards for a growing collection of creative assets.
• Attends interdepartmental meetings as necessary.
• Supports the organization of a robust flow of assets, deadlines and shifting priorities for multiple stakeholders.
Qualifications and Skills
• Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
• Motivation to maintain and improve brand standards
• Strong interpersonal, communication, time management, file management, and organizational skills
• Willingness to accept and incorporate design feedback to improve final work output
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment handling multiple projects and timelines
• Ability to develop and manage relationships with departments and partners
Minimum Education and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design (Preferred)
• 1 year of professional experience
• Advanced knowledge of graphic standards for print, digital and social media implementation
• Basic knowledge of HTML and web development systems preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.