We’re looking for a creative and flexible graphic designer with 0-2 years of professional experience who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is interested in designing for digital.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about using design to drive action, and who will notice if something is 5px off-center.
This position is temporary through November 22, 2020, with the potential to become permanent based on mutual interest and business needs.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Work directly with a dedicated team of graphic designers and content strategists to produce original content
- Design animated and static online ads, email graphics, social media ads and share graphics, rapid response creative, and more for Democratic and non-profit clients
- Create marketing and brand materials for RTI
- Produce high-quality deliverables in a fast-paced work environment
- Communicate and collaborate with the team to come up with design strategy
We’re looking for someone:
- Highly proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Resourceful and highly organized with extreme attention to detail
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize competing tasks
- Familiar with current design styles and trends and understands the importance of design principles
- Interested in new and upcoming mediums and techniques
- Receptive to feedback
- Passionate and proud of their work
- It’s a plus if you have:
- Experience with motion graphics or video editing
- An interest in progressive politics and the impact of art in politics
- Internship or other professional design experience
This position is based in our office in Washington, DC.
About Rising Tide:
Rising Tide Interactive works with Democratic and progressive campaigns, committees, PACs, and nonprofits to develop and implement the digital strategies that win races and create change. Since 2011, we’ve worked with clients like Sens. Tim Kaine, Jacky Rosen, and Kyrsten Sinema, Eric Holder’s National Democratic Redistricting Committee, FWD.us, the Southern Poverty Law Center, DCCC, DGA, DLCC, and the LGBTQ Victory Fund, and we’re ready for our best election cycle yet in 2019 and 2020.
We prioritize creating a diverse, inclusive and welcoming environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work. Candidates from all backgrounds, including people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and a link to your portfolio or work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Junior Designer, and please tell us where you heard about the job! No calls please.