We are looking for a Sr. Industrial Designer w/5+ years experience!
Do you love transforming ideas into reality?
Are you constantly looking at products and thinking of how they could be better? Do you thrive when given end goals without a step by step guide?
Are your dreams full of CAD designs and sketches of products you want to bring to life? Does your work ethic and attitude prove that no job is too big or too small? If this is you...then we want to meet you!
The Fun Stuff...
Groove is probably not like any other place you’ve worked. We are a young, dynamic, entrepreneurial company experiencing incredible growth. In less than 2 years we’ve grown from 5 people to over 100, and along the way we’ve built a very special culture. We are rooted in faith-based principles that impact every aspect of our business, including the way we treat our customers and especially the way we treat our employees. Most of our team will tell you that they can’t imagine working anywhere else.
This is a position that will serve the product development team. Reporting directly to Groove’s Lead Industrial Designer and working closely with the Product Development Lead, Founder, and Creative Director, you will be deeply involved in the details that go into developing new products that will keep the brand alive and thriving for years to come.
Your role is critical to helping Groove meet its goals for 2021. Every day will be different.
Key duties include:
* Effective and rapid ideation by means of concept sketching and low-fidelity prototyping
* Implementing sound DFM principles in CAD
* Conducting design research to validate concepts and designs
* Work collaboratively with the Lead Industrial Designer, PD Lead, Founder, and Creative Director to deliver on all timelines and exceed quality expectations.
* Efficiently work in digital sketching applications, Solidworks, Keyshot and full Adobe suite
* Develop your ideas in Solidworks or Fusion360 to a refined level to hand off to our manufacturing partners
* Participate in regular product development ideation meetings with the expectation of speaking to your design work in strategic terms with a design-focused rational
The Boring Stuff…
Job Title - Sr. Industrial Designer
Report to - Lead Industrial Designer
Required Skill Set
* Proficient in CAD and/or Fusion360
* Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design or proven relevant work experience
* A relevant portfolio displaying the product design process from concept to delivery
* Proven experience in digitally sketching concepts, rapidly taking them to life in 3D using SolidWorks and KeyShot to deliver high-quality, actionable assets
* Skilled in using Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
* UV Mapping knowledge is a plus
* Ability to work on a multitude of projects simultaneously without getting overwhelmed or compromising quality
Full-time, Monday - Friday, typical office hours (but don’t apply if you’re just looking to punch the clock)
JOB APPLICANT MUST BE WITHIN THE US AND BE WILLING TO RELOCATE!