JOB TITLE: Jr. Industrial Designer
JOB PURPOSE: Assists higher-level Industrial Designers in the conceptualization and development of new products. Plans, establishes, and manages a variety of tasks including research, concept production, model making, and presentation in the aesthetic and functional design of products, exhibits, and displays. Work is of moderate difficulty and limited scope with specific and detailed instructions.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS:
1. Enhances Consumer Appeal of Product by contributing to or establishing the aesthetic and functional design of products.
2. Proposes Design Concepts by researching and preparing 2-D and 3-D models.
3. Formulates Specifications by preparing dimensional, material, and finish criteria necessary to support industrial design intent. Specifications developed in conjunction with marketing, engineering, manufacturing, and outside vendors under the supervision of staff and/or senior designers as well as design management.
4. Creates Product Artwork by working directly with engineering to design and implement new artwork or revise existing artwork.
5. Works with Marketing on crossover projects and show setup and displays.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design
2. Creative and technical skills to provide visual communication of concepts
3. Must be proficient in 3D modeling
4. Keyshot proficient
5. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, & XD proficient
6. Strong sketching and graphic communication skills
7. Must be able to manage workload and tasks
8. Good understanding of human factors and user experience
9. Strong model making and prototyping ability and general shop knowledge
Collect your best work and submit it to the 2020 Core77 Design Awards — it will go in front of a group of the top designers practicing today, and winners will claim vast bragging rights, media attention and an amazing trophy.
Enter today to beat the looming final deadline – April 1st!Enter the C77DA x