Pentland Group are looking for a Junior Motion Graphic Designer, who is bordering on obsessive about creating dynamic brand content. Motion Graphics is your passion, and you have a willingness to learn, develop and grow. Utilising an array of skills such as graphic design, motion animation and photography to produce captivating creative content for our brands across all international markets.
To be successful you should be highly motivated, creative, and be someone who lives & breathes motion graphics. A knowledge & understanding of core social media platforms & their features (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tok-tok) is essential
The role you’d play:
You will work as part of a central design team to provide creative and commercial solutions to briefs set by the Pentland Brands, under the guidance of the Design Pool Manager.
You will be creating engaging visual content through motion graphics, video editing and still image, you will be taking briefs and working in collaboration with our brands Marketing teams.
• Creating a wide range of 3D assets and motion graphics across all brands
• Conduct research on graphic styles and techniques
Collaborate with other team members to bring moving image projects to life
• Thrive in a fast-paced creative environment and takes ownership ensuring all projects are executed within the agreed deadlines and to a high standard
• Ability to take creative direction, and proactively seeks practical solutions and increases the creative output, raising the bar for our brands.
• Providing original thinking displaying strength of design through creative execution; Commercial understanding with unique designs, whilst adhering to Brand guidelines.
(There is training available. However, a good base is needed to start with)
• Competent in motion graphics and 3D software – Cinema 4D, Maya, Houdini, After Effects (not necessarily all as some are pretty advanced)
• Comfortable creating assets from scratch and also integrating with other design work and moving image projects
• Can present motion ideas to other team members
• willingness to experiment with different design styles across motion assets
• Must be (age 16-24) and eligible to work in the UK / meet requirements for the UK Kickstart Scheme
• Please note to qualify for the UK Kickstart Scheme the candidate has to be enrolled on to Universal Credit in England, Scotland or Wales.
Needs to be:
• Team player with a can-do attitude, with good listening skills, that can take direction as well as suggest creative solutions/recommendations.
• Shows accountability for own workload.
• Positive, proactive and engaging.
• Calm, organised and detail driven.
• Motivated by working in a changing, flexible environment.
• Approachable and friendly; easy to build strong personal relationships. Passionate in creativity, trends and behaviors.
Needs to have:
• A desire to become an accomplished designer
• Willingness to learn
• Good interpersonal skills, diplomatic and persuasive
• Inspire confidence through creative energy, drive and enthusiasm.
• Strong presentation and communication skills both on a one-to-one basis and to a group
• Accurate interpretation of briefs