Are you passionate about toys?
Would you like to explore the endless world of children’s imagination and creativity with LEGO® Bricks? Do you want to shape the play experiences of children all over the world? Well, here is your chance!
Turn ideas into toys
We are looking for new talented designers to sketch, prototype, develop and build new play experiences and concepts. As a LEGO® designer you will create the world’s best building and play experiences for boys and girls through brands like LEGO Super Heroes, LEGO Disney, LEGO City, LEGO Creator, LEGO Technic, LEGO Friends and DUPLO.
You will be part of a dedicated and creative team, where you will:
- Work with the whole design process, ranging from research, co-creation over ideation, sketching of concepts and building real models from LEGO® bricks
- Create new stories, themes and concepts, and mature them into new play experiences and products
- Collaborate closely with a cross-functional team in a creative, international and open-minded environment
Passionate about the impact of play
In a culture where collaboration and creativity are key, you will work closely in teams to brainstorm, create and design products that delight and inspire children globally. You will join a large international design team in Billund (DENMARK), counting approximately 300 designers from around the world, who are all passionate about the impact of play.
You are passionate about creating fun play experiences for kids
To be a successful designer at LEGO®, you enjoy working in a team, you want to learn, and you know how to create playful concepts. In addition, you:
- Have a formal education in industrial design, product design, toy design, fashion design or other creative education
- Are fluent in spoken and written English
- Are passionate about design and toys, have a high personal drive and enjoy taking initiative
- Have an innovative mind, which - combined with the playful approach of your inner child - enables you to create ideas and concepts for the world’s most critical audience
- Have storytelling potential - imagining play possibilities for the toys you design
- Have an aesthetic talent, a firm grasp of the design process, strong skills in sketching and key creative software programs e.g. Adobe
- Have an ability to manage colors and set color schemes
- Ideally know the brick and can create new toy concepts by using the existing element platform in new and innovative ways, but it is not a must.
- Have strong communication skills to pitch concept ideas - both verbally and visually
- Have leadership skills and capabilities to drive design processes
Join the global family of LEGO®
By joining us, you will inspire and develop the creatives of tomorrow. You will be part of a truly international design team that thrives on developing the world’s best building and play experiences, creating exciting new LEGO® play worlds, characters, bricks and models for millions of children across the globe.
If this has caught your interest, please use the APPLY NOW button above or below to submit your application.
We receive hundreds of applications therefore, you MUST UPLOAD a focused (and relevant) snapshot of your portfolio, a motivation letter, and a current CV for consideration. Please note, maximum upload size is 2 MB per file. Applications without a portfolio will not be taken into consideration. If you need more information in order to apply, please send a mail to design.management@LEGO.com. Application sent directly to this address will NOT be taken into consideration.
To apply, please use the APPLY NOW button, which will take you to this posting on our LEGO Career site. Only applications received through here will be assessed.
Applications will be screened on an on-going basis, but due to summer vacation please expect a longer response time – this posting will be online for UP TO 10 weeks.