The Amazon Web Services (AWS) team is seeking a talented and passionate Lead Product Designer to join our growing design and research studio. This full stack designer will have a significant impact on our business as they contribute and accelerate designs for the AWS Internet of Things product design team, working collaboratively with a strong design and product team. In addition, the lead product designer will be expected to be a design thought leader and mentor other designers, with leadership of a small team of direct reports as part of the role immediately or in the short term.
· Lead the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment. Work with leadership in design planning and goal creation.
· Understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
· Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
· Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of services and experiences.
· Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
· Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
· Craft, pitch, and validate long-term design strategies.
· Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn from our customers.
· Chart a course for yourself and others in ambiguous situations.
· Lead/mentor and develop designers within your own organization and beyond.
· Help build a culture of design within AWS and throughout the Amazon Design community.
· 8+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role.
· 6+ years of experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
· Bachelor's degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), information systems, or other related design degree is required.
· Experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for complex web applications and/or workflows.
· An online portfolio demonstrating best practices in interaction design plus samples with a modern aesthetic is required to apply for this role. The portfolio should contain personas, journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes.
· 10+ years of experience in digital design, with the most recent years including full stack end-to-end product design for enterprise products, ideally for niche userbases.
· Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
· Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps..
· Experience with UX design for complex workflows for technical customers.
· Experience working with stakeholders to plan and execute programs that are strategic in nature.
· Experience owning large-scale projects, communicating timelines, and executing independently.
· Experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar.
· Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or similar design related degree.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation