J.K. Adams Company, a leading manufacturer of fine quality USA made wooden housewares, entertaining, and gift products, is looking for a Lead Product Designer with the proven ability to deliver creative and innovative designs. Must have the ability to work with the President / CEO and other members of the product development team to develop preliminary concept drawings, mock-up’s, and final prototypes for sales samples and production purposes.
• Research and develop new product designs for existing product categories, as well as new categories targeted for expansion.
• Collaborate with customer design teams to develop compelling new product offerings.
• Develop sketches, conceptual drawings, 3D renderings, models, and formal presentations for new products.
• Manage and work with a full time Model Maker.
• Periodically collaborate with outside design firms on special projects.
• Assist with the creation of detailed CAD drawings for all products as required.
• Collaborate with manufacturing management and production personnel to determine best ways to manufacture new products.
• Assist Marketing Manager and outside suppliers to design packaging that will effectively present and protect the products.
• Formal design training, bachelor’s degree in industrial design, or commensurate experience, with strong conceptual development as well as 3D model making skills.
• Five years minimum of product design experience, preferably with houseware and gift products.
• Ability to sketch and render concepts for presentation.
• Must be proficient in Solidworks, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to program CNC machine, render tool paths for 2-D and 3-D designs, and have experience setting up a 3-axis CNC to produce working models from various materials.
• Passionate about design and a sense of humor
• Must be located near or be willing to relocate to southern Vermont.
If you believe you have the skills and desire to join our company, please email your resume, salary requirements, and a portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls will be accepted.