iRobot is looking for an intrepid and talented Lead UX/UI designer to help grow our new in-house creative team at one of the world’s leading consumer robotics companies. You will help define and drive the user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design of to deliver the best online user experience across our digital and ecommerce platforms.
As this is a smaller team, you will be responsible for wireframing, prototyping, digitals assets and other UX/UI functions along with some visual design work. You will report into the creative director, but work alongside interdisciplinary stakeholders including design, product management, engineering, and our global consumer engagement team as we migrate to our new DTC ecommerce experience. We are looking for entrepreneurial spirit with a strong foundation shaped by user understanding, thorough leadership and understanding of the competitive landscape.
We believe it is critical to foster a flexible, collaborative, and supportive space for everyone to have a chance advance their expertise and produce their best work.
What You Will Do:
• The UX / UI Design Lead is a blend of a User Experience professional (first) and UI Designer who will lead digital initiatives to create best in class consumer experiences that would differentiate our brand in the industry
• Developing UX and UI designs for from concept sketches, wireframes, user flows, and visual designs to interactive prototypes, and produce design systems that effectively communicate interaction and design concepts in a mobile-first ecommerce environment.
• Use your advanced design skills to balance business requirements, technical constraints, user needs and time available into useful, usable, and desirable experiences.
• Apply UX research, design and testing methodologies, industry UX best practices and proven UX processes to help define, design and deliver next-generation digital experiences.
• Serve as primary point of contact for engineering and product management teams for the projects you own.
• Identify and leverage emerging technology which can improve the product design (machine learning, analytics, personalization)
• Develop junior and mid-level members of the design team; working with the business to understand what it needs from the UX team.
• Motivate, inspire, and influence others in the organization to engage with design thinking and best UX practice
• Coordinate and lead ideation sessions with cross-functional teams to successfully collaborate on a project and synthesis ideas into an executional strategy.
To Be Successful You Will Have:
• 7+ years of UX experience. Ideally with eCommerce experience. You are a t-shaped designer with a deep specialization in mobile-first, responsive web design, and a broad set of skills across UX, visual design, interaction design, information architecture, prototyping, and design systems.
• Demonstrated experience in responsive or mobile-first design
• Bachelor’s degree in a design related field (Interaction design, user research, design communication digital design, multimedia or similar)
• Expect in concept development and prototyping, design, user- centered design methodologies and design thinking
• Ideally some knowledge of US market digital and e-commerce platforms – salesforce a plus
• You are passionate about and capable of discovering user needs, then translating them into user experience strategies.
• Passion for understanding (and keeping the team informed about) current and emerging UX/UI trends.
• Actively promote the value of design and design thinking through your interactions with others
• A bias toward testing and a curiosity for what you do not know
• You have experience in using software like Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, In vision, or other prototyping tools
• Experience working with cross-functional teams - including design, product, business, and marketing
• Should possess strong communication and presentation skills
• An entrepreneurial spirit, and willingness to take on new challenges and risks
• Highly collaborative and can work well in a fast-paced team environment.
• A strong portfolio showcasing examples of problem solving and applying user-centered design principles: concept sketches, user stories, interaction flows, prototypes, design specifications for development, and UI mockups for desktop and mobile. Examples of both methodology and production assets are highly encouraged
Please submit portfolio with your application.