The Role You’ll Play:
The Manager of Technical Design is responsible for the execution of product quality, fit, and construction to ensure compliance to Dick’s Sporting Goods standards. Partner with Design and Sourcing to successfully achieve company goals. Provides training and mentoring to Technical Designers.
Leads technical design process for a specific brand/category including design intent, product integrity, fit, construction, manufacturing, costs and on-time delivery.
Develops Tech Packs to support the brand profile, design intent and product integrity for end use.
Ensures integrity of Tech Packs across the category.
Regularly reviews block patterns, specifications and grading to ensure relevancy in the marketplace and the end consumer. Support block development & block training.
Conducts fit evaluations and translates information concisely to a technical package, ensuring accurate and timely communication to the supplier from initial Teck Pack through final approval.
Tracks fit status, communicates concerns; collaborates with vendors and PM/Sourcing to prioritize styles for on-time delivery.
Takes ownership for the category, studies the competitors, determines which styles require additional testing; ie. Size Set, Wear Test, etc. to ensure the product is engineered to perform as expected.
• BA/BS degree in apparel/textiles or equivalent industry experience
• Minimum of 7 years of multi-category industry experience
• Prior supervisory experience required
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in creating grade tables
• Must be proficient in creating comprehensive Tech Packs in PLM
• Thorough knowledge of product construction, manufacturing methods, fit corrections, pattern making and grading skills
• Maintain consistent quality through Block patterns, construction standards, and performance testing.