Crown is offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus for this technical position! Terms and conditions apply and will be explained at the job offer stage.
Job Responsibilities: Participate in, lead and manage the creation of innovative, highly competitive, and distinctive product experiences for the global markets. Focus on the development of features and functionality into the product ecosystem and/or solutions to support product development strategic objectives. Manage, motivate, and provide direction to a team of multi-disciplined designers focused on customer experience, interaction and visual design objectives and initiatives. Provide guidance and support for training and continuous process and tools improvement. Communicate and work cross-functionally with global product area directors, managers, and contributors across disciplines and departments such as, Engineering, Program Management, Service, Sales, Support, and others. This to include the appropriate regional stakeholders. This position reports to a Director Design. Reporting to this position are Interaction/Experience Designers.
- Product Development, Project Management, and Innovation: Deliver on creative vision and manage innovative Software and Services and/or Automation and Emerging Technology product solutions, ensuring the successful launch of new products and current product updates. Focus on the discovery and validation of customer value, competitive advantage, and design excellence. Aid in the direction on new feature ideas, processes, design systems, and research objectives. Lead and/or collaborate with Program Managers and Engineering Leads to ensure project goals are met, including Human Factors, Appearance, Performance, Reliability, Serviceability, Cost, Innovation targets are identified and communicated. Ensure Design’s contribution to schedule and expense targets are met. Accountable for planning, prioritization, and overseeing initiatives. Manage and provide strategic, creative, and technical guidance to direct and indirect reports throughout the design process on projects and tasks and evaluate project outputs accordingly. Provide guidance on product design, and all customer, market, and human experience requirements. Select specific designs or details and make proposals to product development directors, Vice Presidents, and appropriate Design Directors. Provide support work when designers are unavailable to do so. Utilize global processes and tools to ensure consistency and continuity.
- Employee Development: Perform duties such as creating/revising job descriptions, conducting Talent Development discussion sessions, rating performance, establishing/tracking goals and completing annual wage reviews. Responsible for coaching, motivating, mentoring, and developing direct reports to successfully take on additional responsibilities. Ensure all team members have the opportunity to continually learn new skills and competencies through coaching, on-the-job training or outside training. Help create a positive, constructive environment in the department by providing timely feedback to reports and actively discuss career development. Maintain core competence and grow leadership skills through continuous improvement and/or professional development. Participate in professional organizations to build new skills and to enhance Design department.
- Miscellaneous: Assist Design with any design, strategy, and appearance issues and recommend actions to promote company product superiority. Stay current on advancement of design field, design trends, or related fields. Build relationships with stakeholders and development teams. Attend trade shows, professional events, and read periodicals relative to the field. Support material submission for design competitions. Support Legal with patent issues. Participate and hold membership in professional organizations. Perform other duties as assigned.
Remote Work: Crown offers hybrid remote work for this position. A reasonable commute is necessary since some onsite work is required. Relocation assistance may be available.
Location: This position is based in our New Bremen, Ohio global headquarters.
- Bachelor degree in Interaction Design (IxD), User Experience Design (UX Design), Web and/or Mobile Design, or related major
- 5 years related experience using design skills and working within a multidisciplined, cross-functional team and in the Agile practice
- Good written, visual, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to collaborate, build relationships, and influence individuals at all levels within the company
- Ability to plan projects and research activities while applying the most contemporary design methods, tools, and processes to conceptualization, prototyping and implementation, supported by a well-developed knowledge of technology
- Digital portfolio must exhibit strong visual design skills, conceptual thinking, and creative problem-solving; Include portfolio link with application
- Ability to travel locally and internationally with overnight stays
- Reliable transportation to travel locally between company locations during scheduled workday
- Design, project, and people management experience
- Software product development and integration experience
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.)