*Hiring in San Diego or San Francisco, CA*
We are looking for a creative, entrepreneurial and high-potential Marketing + Design Associate who is excited to drive user experience and graphic design in support of both digital and offline marketing channels. You’ll work directly with the Director of Marketing and will play a critical role in helping the broader Growth team exceed our growing sales pipeline goals.
Your role and impact:
- Lead graphic design and branding for a variety of B2B channels, including paid media landing pages, digital banner ads, trade show graphics, video, social media and blog content, as well as sales collateral (eBooks, infographics).
- Ensure all digital assets are produced with the user in mind, building for an enhanced user experience and with intention towards a desired action or goal.
- Work in partnership with our Digital Marketing Manager and sales teams to review the outcome of your executions, optimizing for continued improvement - goaled against new marketing qualified leads generated and/or sales pipeline momentum.
- Police and hold the broader company accountable to a revised brand style guide (that you’ll help create). Create friendly templates for our non-designers.
- Support execution of miscellaneous marketing projects, including growth tests, content requests and occasionally serving as a brand ambassador at live events.
- Stay on the cutting edge of the HR Tech industry and in touch with the needs of the Human Resources buyer through ongoing research and content consumption (listening to podcasts, reading articles, books, and blogs, attending conferences, etc.).
Who you are:
- Strong Communicator: you’re comfortable giving and receiving feedback and are excited to grow through your own experiences (whether big wins, mistakes, or failures).
- Equally Right- and Left-brained: you’re creative but also capable of owning your own schedule, setting priorities and staying organized. You’re passionate about details and “pixel perfect” execution of all design projects.
- UX Mindset: you’re able to architect a desired user journey, and build a design experience that navigates the user towards an intended action or goal.
- Accountable: able to exhibit extreme ownership of your work and proactively use data to understand what’s working and what isn’t within your design strategy and executions. You’re able to digest data and turn insights into a plan of action.
- Self-starter and Deadline-driven: You’re a natural self-starter and not afraid to take initiative towards your goals. We’re a fast-growing startup and need our team to fully commit and own their roles. You are comfortable defining your own goals and prioritizing work based on what’s most impactful to the business. We’ll trust you to surface meaningful opportunities and have the accountability to follow-through against key timelines and milestones.
- Confident: you’re confident articulating your decisions to a variety of partners and stakeholders, even when faced with differing opinions.
- Growth-mindset: you’re naturally curious, a continuous learner, and disciplined in making time to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to design best practices and emerging tools.
- Resourceful: you’re confident navigating ambiguity and driven to find solutions when the answer isn’t readily available, but know when to ask for help when you’re really feeling stuck or overwhelmed.
Your qualifications and background:
- 2+ years of professional experience in graphic design or similar job function, with experience working in B2B or SaaS, preferably at a Series A or later stage startup company.
- A portfolio of graphic design samples across a variety of online and offline channels.
- Understanding of user experience design and the ability to effectively communicate to a B2B buyer.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, preferred experience with Sketch.
- Experience building landing pages in tools like Unbounce, Instapage, etc.
- Understanding of the user experience and ad specs for paid media channels like Google AdWords, LinkedIn, Facebook.
- BA/BS in Graphic Design or comparable discipline.
- Strong interest in the human capital management space, startups, and of course, adventures and experiences!
- Located in or willing to relocate to work fulltime from our San Francisco or San Diego offices.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits, 401K offering
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company in a space that’s ripe for disruption
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Tenure research project where you get to craft your own meaningful experience on your anniversary date(s)
- Monthly happy hours and team events
- Flexible work environment with Work from Home Wednesdays
- Dog-friendly office spaces
Please apply via AngelList, and submit a few portfolio examples here via Google Forms: https://forms.gle/EjAVPR7wsQPVRVeQ8
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.