We're looking for an ambitious, energetic, trend-savvy individual to join our rapidly growing team at Grand Leisure, an industry-leading supplier of outdoor patio furniture, accessories, and solar lighting in the North American mass retail market. Focused primarily on steel, aluminum, and resin wicker outdoor furniture and accessories, we produce for most of the mass market and home improvement retailers in the United States and Canada. With U.S. headquarters located in Madison, Wisconsin, we are a small team of sales, design, and marketing aficionados, looking for someone who has the drive and energy to help us stay at the top of an increasingly saturated (and booming) industry, and to lead our customer facing brand strategy for both our brick-and-mortar and e-commerce divisions.
As market research plays a crucial role in our development strategy, the successful candidate is always curious to learn, and use market data to identify new opportunities. You are highly creative, self-motivated, and detail oriented. You should have an education or background in marketing and be passionate about always striving to create something great. Ideally, you have a great sense of style and design, and are passionate about home trends. The successful candidate must also possess the ability to communicate their direction clearly and handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
Responsibilities will include writing copy for product descriptions, managing online digital content, directing on-site photo shoots, editing photography and videos, developing brand strategy, managing all social media content, overseeing graphic design, analyzing market research results and online customer feedback, and helping to determine new opportunities for growth.
Ideally you already live in Madison, or if not, are willing to relocate here (we're convinced a Zoom meeting will never replace old school face-to-face brainstorming sessions!) But if not, we are open to this position working remotely with the occasional Covid-safe visit to the Madison office when the time comes.
We're looking for someone who:
• Has 5+ years of experience in a marketing role
• Has superb writing and verbal communication skills
• Is highly creative and enjoys collaboration
• Has a great eye for style and ideally has some interior design experience
• Is passionate about home design trends
• Has experience with social media advertising
• Is extremely detail oriented
• Is comfortable with a rapidly changing environment
• Prior experience with the patio or similar industry is a significant benefit
• Wants to grow with one of the world’s premier patio suppliers
What’s in it for you:
• Ownership over our end-to-end Brand and Marketing strategy: put your vision into action and see results
• Direct collaboration with leadership: opportunity to make a huge impact and step into a key player role on our growing team of industry leaders
• Positive and inclusive work environment: We value that each person brings a unique background and contributions to our team, and we welcome new ways of seeing and doing things. We understand that open and respectful dialogue fuels innovation, so we lean into it!
• Professional development: Work within a highly effective and future-focused team, mentor others, be mentored, and continue your growth toward mastery in your field
• Great benefits: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D insurance, 401(k), and a generous paid time off policy
If this sounds like it could be a great fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you!