Pump Studios is seeking an outstanding mechanical design engineer to join our team.
Pump Studios provides creative mechanical designs, complex CAD solutions, and exceptional customer service to our unique mix of clients, across a broad range of industries.
The ideal candidate will have experience with 3D CAD (Solidworks and/or PTC Creo preferred), 3D printing, and prototyping, plus is excited about hands-on problem solving. Do you build your own furniture? Tinker with Arduino and Raspberry Pi? Model your house in CAD before redecorating? If so, we want to hear from you.
Desired Skills and Experience
· 2-10 years of relevant work experience
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
· 3D CAD experience (preferably in Solidworks or PTC Creo)
· Knowledge of complex surfacing techniques and top-down design methodologies for 3D design, highly desirable
· Ability to work independently or in a small team
· Ability to lead and to follow, and understand when each is appropriate
· Good communication skills (verbal, visual, and written)
· Working knowledge of volume manufacturing methods (injection molding, casting, etc.)
· A passion for solving physical problems
Please provide a current resume, AND a portfolio of mechanical design work.
Relevant applicants will be asked to submit a 3D CAD sample based on a file provided by Pump Studios.
Strong 3D CAD experience including:
• Using Pro/Engineer and/or SolidWorks at an advanced level
• Utilizing top down design methodologies
• Meeting complex surfacing challenges
Strong mechanical design fundamentals including:
• Good working knowledge of injection molding and design of plastic parts
• Good working knowledge of sheet metal manufacturing in low, mid and high volume production environments
• Experience designing cast and machined metal parts
• Strong understanding of electromechanical design and electronics packaging
• Experience with mechanism design, gears, linkages and moving parts
• Appreciation for elegant design solutions
Please provide a current resume and examples of work. Be prepared to submit sample 3D CAD files upon request (native Pro/Engineer and/or SolidWorks).