IN2 Innovation is an experience innovation design agency. We help companies create and deliver effortless experiences that drive growth for our clients’ brands. We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer with 1-3 years of consumer and commercial product development experience (or internship experience) to join our creative design team. In this role, you will have chance to work directly with our industrial design team, our clients, and various partners to develop mechanical solutions for a wide range of products.
The ideal candidate will need to have experience with design for manufacturing and must be proficient in Solidworks, including the ability to create complex surfaces and mechanisms. You’ll also need a great understanding of manufacturing processes and materials. As a mechanical engineer, you’ll work closely with our multi-disciplinary team (including researchers, strategists, designers, and marketers), so you will need to be able to collaborate effectively and communicate visually through quick sketches, whiteboarding, etc. to generate new ideas and share your thinking.
· Flexibility. You’ll need to be comfortable working with (and removing) ambiguity, and adaptable to a wide range of projects at any given time.
· Receptive. Willingly accept feedback and creative critique from all areas of the business.
· Self-management. A self-motivated individual performer, but who can collaborate regularly with the larger team
· Proficiency in managing multi task projects
· Organization. You’ll be successful through strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple project / tasks.
· Communication. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including creating and delivering presentations.
· Software. Excellent computer skills - proficiency with MS Office, Solidworks, and the ability to learn new software
· Relationships. We expect positive, engaging, and (wherever possible) fun interactions with others. You’ll need great interpersonal skills.
· Pace. You must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be able to respect and meet deadlines.
· Detail Orientation. Great attention to detail, paired with the ability to follow instructions and ask good questions.
· Constant Learning. We expect you to have a baseline of skills, but often new projects require exploring new topics and tools. You’ll help us do new things by being eager to learn and try new approaches.
· BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
· 1-3 years in product development (or internship experience)
· Works closely with management, Industrial Designers, Electrical Engineers, and Manufacturing teams to facilitate design, engineering and production processes.
· Prototype and Test component parts and assemblies.
· Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally.
· Work under supervision from Design Management and Creative Directors.
· Participate in interdisciplinary design teams and reviews.
· Knowledge of material properties and selection.
· Learn and follow company processes for product development.
· Prepare Bills of Material (BOM) and RFQ (Request for Quotation).
· Build detailed specifications for manufacturing.
· Ability to quickly communicate a concept in 2D or 3D models – including physical models as well as CAD.
· Knowledge of injection molding, sheet metal stamping, machining processes, etc.
· Develop relationships with outside vendors and partners.
· Ability to create simple, creative, yet cost effective mechanical solutions.
· Knowledge and appreciation of Industrial Design and methodologies.
· All other duties as assigned.
· CREO is a plus
· Keyshot and /or other rendering program
· MS Office
Why You’d Love Working Here:
All the above is a lot about what the job entails. But let’s shift to why we do what we do – and, if you think the way we do, why you’d be a good fit with us.
We believe that, more than ever, the world craves well-crafted experiences. At the core, that’s what we are committed to building. It’s why we come in every day. You’ll be a big part of that – helping craft beautiful, emotional content to connect with our audiences.
Our team has the chance to work on a wide range of truly innovative projects. If you join us, you’ll be part of a small and thriving company that engages in the hard, satisfying work of delivering true user experiences. Because we’re small, we’re able to evolve and move quickly to maintain status as a leader in the innovation space. It also means that you’ll work directly with our senior leadership as you design and tell our stories.
By the nature of the work, we have to thrive under tight deadlines and go the extra mile. It’s also why our clients look to us to help them create their future. And we know it’s a bit cliché, but we work hard and we play hard, so we also look forward to having a beer with you at the end of the day.
You’ll fit in with us if you’re positive, enthusiastic, and as excited about creating effortless experiences as we are. As a multi-branch company, you will be collaborating with a diverse team in Austin, Atlanta, and occasionally Charlotte or China. But sunny Addison–near the heart of the Dallas metropolis–is where you’ll call home.
If this sounds appealing, we can’t wait to meet you!
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.