• Design and engineer new products. Redesign and improve existing products.
• Work with outside industrial designers
• Prepare manufacturing drawings, documentation packages and specifications
• Prepare instruction manuals and review sales literature to technical accuracy
• Research design options and perform experiments to determine feasibility
• Create and maintain new product development history documentation
• Prepare bills of materials and costing.
• Review customer specifications.
• Review compliance with ASME, UL, CSA, NEC, international, state and local codes and standards.
• Work with vendors in product design, selection of materials and processes.
• Support manufacturing through the following:
o Create/Provide input on assembly fixtures
o Create/Provide input on assembly procedures
o Review products with production to improve production
• Provide technical assistance to internal sales, customer service and technical service departments.
• Assist customers to resolve field issues
• Perform inspection of boilers, residential steam bath generators, controls as required
• Evaluate engineering, production and quality problems, test samples, analyze results and prepare reports.
• Generate inspection procedures and test plans and specify test equipment.
• Advanced Electrical knowledge, including strong understanding of NEC
• SolidWorks or other 3D CAD software
• Technical Communication – Writing, verbal communication skills
• Comfortable working with hand tools
• Product design experience
• Experience working with manufacturing, purchasing and quality teams
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Plumbing or HVAC mechanical systems knowledge a plus
• Knowledge of ASME, UL, CSA, NEC strongly desired
• BAS experience a plus
• BSME or BSEE or Equivalent
• Minimum 10 experience
• Minimal travel