The Buttercloth team is seeking a menswear fashion designer to help in the development of new fabrics, styles, and product categories. You will join a team of passionate and energetic, creative individuals as we work to expand styles and categories.
* Work closely with the design team in the research and inspiration and creation of a cohesive collections each season.
* Review emerging trends and shapes and research local markets.
* Develop flats and sketches for designs as part of a cohesive seasonal collection aligned with the brand’s overall aesthetic and vision.
* Prepare all necessary components for design presentations, such as sketch boards, proto reviews, and production meeting preparation.
* Participate in reviewing samples, provide recommendations, note feedback, and modify sketches as necessary.
* Assist with photo shoots, and photo editing and manipulation.
* Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or related field
* 3-4 years proven apparel design experience
* Proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop a Must.
* Skilled in computer illustration
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Detail oriented with strong follow through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects
* Strong team player