Summary of Position
We are looking for a driven individual to collaborate in developing insightful industrial design solutions. This role is multi-faceted and will involve working with other in-house disciplines, as well as clients, to bring design ideas to fruition – from initial sketch to production floor. Someone who can effectively communicate ideas through sketches and turn their ideas into 3D. We are looking for a creative powerhouse who has a great aesthetic sense and refined design skills. Someone who is a self-starter and able to move projects forward.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaboration with in-house research, design & engineering team members to create next-level, thoughtful, user-inspired design solutions
• Direct communication and interaction with clients in a project leadership role
• Share your advanced knowledge and skillset to continue to elevate the quality and ingenuity of the products we create
• Be a mentor to less experienced staff and provide guidance that helps develop both personal and professional growth
• Inspire and motivate team members to explore innovative ideas
• Work closely with domestic and overseas prototyping facilities and suppliers
Experience & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Industrial Design
• 3-6 years of relevant professional experience
• Strong aesthetic sensitivity
• Exceptional problem-solving skills, creative, proactive, resourceful, self-motivated, and organized
• An obsession for detail while maintaining a context for the big picture
• Mandatory understanding of common materials & manufacturing processes (injection molding, extrusions, sheet metal)
• Excellent visual communication skills – sketching, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office (esp. PowerPoint)
• Proficiency using 3D modeling and visualization software – SolidWorks, KeyShot, etc.
• Experience with the design and development of physical products
• Fundamental understanding of shop and prototype fabrication techniques
• Must be within commuting distance of San Jose
• Position is contract-to-hire, further details upon request
We will not accept out of state applications, or if you are not within commuting distance of the 95116 zip code. The position is contract-to-hire.