Creature is looking for a mid-level designer to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a sketching fiend with a strong visual vocabulary, but who balances style with an understanding of function and how things work. We want an enthusiastic designer who has loves to understand and design for the target user, and can generate a diverse range of solutions to attack any problem.
You’ll be working on a diverse set of products (from consumer products to medical devices to commercial equipment), and a diverse set of clients (from large corporations to entrepreneurs and start-ups). Projects will range from visual design language and visual design strategy, user research, conceptual projects, simple product refreshes, user interface, to innovation projects that reinvent products to respond to new user insights. You’ll be working with a small team of designers where you will be both challenged and mentored. And you’ll be collaborating with an engineering team who is equally passionate about innovative design, and who’ll grow your understanding of mechanisms, assemblies, and design for mass production.
Your qualifications and attributes:
• 3 – 6 years experience as an industrial designer, preferably within a consulting firm
• Demonstrated experience designing consumer products
• Highly motivated, energetic, positive attitude
• Passionate about design, form, and current visual trends
• Equally passionate about understanding user needs and client objectives
• Time-management skills: the ability and desire to juggle multiple projects
• Nimble and flexible to work on whatever is needed, from project needs to internal projects to improve Creature’s capabilities and processes
• Exceptional form development skills – this translates to stellar sketching skills that can uncover new forms, express brand character, and fortify existing or establish new visual design language
• Good understanding of 3D space, injection molding constraints, and how things assemble and work mechanically
• Collaborative work style – able to work independently, but must thrive on teamwork, collaboration, discussion, and analysis
• Able to welcome and respond to constructive criticism
• Able to verbally articulate concepts in clear and compelling language
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Rhino or equivalent 3D software, Keyshot
• Bachelor’s degree in industrial design
Please send resume, portfolio/link, and process books or equivalent so we can understand your problem-solving ability, sketching style, and form developments skills.
Lastly, while we’re serious about good design, we have a casual environment, are pet-friendly, offer a 401k, and are located in Atlanta’s revitalized Upper Westside area. See more at www.creaturellc.com
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.