Wright, the premier auction house for fine art & design is looking for a graphic designer to join our in-house creative team. Our design crew is a small but mighty group of graphic designers, art directors, and developers who actively build, design & maintain our three websites: Wright20.com (Chicago, IL), ragoarts.com (Lambertville, NJ) & lamodern.com (Los Angeles, CA). The design team works with the developers and stakeholders to build upon our existing frameworks with design-forward presentation and a digital editorial experience that are unparalleled in the auction industry. Reporting to the Creative Director, you will support our digital design initiatives and own design deliverables for our daily needs. The exciting content we support is an added bonus for any design enthusiast: from mid-century modern & contemporary design, turn of the century ceramics & postmodern sculpture to jewelry & watches. The creative team collaborates closely with our photographers, editors and founders to tell the stories of the unique items we are bringing to market. With much growth in the past two years – locations across three time zones & colleagues across the country, the designer is tasked with ensuring an elevated design-centric user experience. The design team also produces award-winning books & catalogs, and provides on-going support to all three locations by way of proposals, social media creative, branded collateral, video promotion, email marketing and advertising. Our team is special in the care we give in all arenas: beautiful photography, stylish art direction, strategic development & user experience design, and design development on our proprietary auction sales platforms and the designer plays a role in all of it.
– You want to find a place where development and design intersect & creative presentation is valued alongside technology
– You have sensitive typographic skills and experience designing for dynamic digital editorial
– You like thinking like a developer: solving not just one creative brief, but thinking of adaptable long-term solutions that support design & development for posterity
– You value collaboration, seek feedback, and actively work to better your solutions
– You'd like the chance to collaborate with photographers, and test your skills with motion/video in a creative team environment
– You're interested in contemporary art, design and vintage luxury
– You can work autonomously and juggle simultaneous projects while still meeting the required deadlines
– You are open to constructive criticism and can make on-the-fly changes as directed
– You can strategize a design campaign across digital platforms & are an advocate for brand consistency
– A minimum of 5 years experience in professional design studio or agency
– Solid experience with current digital technology, design for web, responsive & mobile design
– Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
– Experience using Figma and After Effects
– UI/UX experience: Wire framing to high fidelity
– Experience with Mailchimp templates / basic html
– A basic understanding of html/css capabilities, and knowledge of developers code requirements
– Bonus: experience working within Luxury Ecommerce, Arts and Media Institutions or Technology brands
– Bonus: Final Cut pro / video editing experience
Ultimately, Wright's team is searching for a professional, team-oriented individual who is committed to creating the highest level of design in the industry. Please note, while we are seeking a senior level designer, junior level candidates with strong portfolios will be considered.
The creative team is primarily working remote, however the majority of our team members live in the Chicagoland area. While it would be ideal if you are located in the area for occasional in-person collaboration & studio visits, it is not a requirement.
As an employee you will be eligible for a benefits package that adds to your overall compensation. Wright subsidizes Health Insurance as well as Dental and Vision plans. Life and long-term disability insurance are included at no cost. You Are eligible to participate in Wright's 401K program, with a fully vested employer contribution match of 3% each year.