MVAR Media (MVARmedia.com) is a leading Democratic political media consulting firm. We develop smart strategies, produce the best ads, and deliver those ads through fully integrated media campaigns. That’s how we win.
We’re looking for an exceptional Motion Designer and Editor to join our team for the 2024 election cycle, on-site at our office in Alexandria, VA. This is a full-time staff position with benefits, through December 2024 with the possibility of becoming permanent.
At MVAR you’ll:
- Bring high-quality TV and online ads from script to the screen in a highly collaborative environment
- Make great stuff fast with our quick timelines and high standards
- Design and animate for both live action and graphic spots
- Build out storyboards and moodboards to find just the right execution
- Edit in a cinematic storytelling way
- Edit in a social media this is 6 seconds long kind of way
- Work with a lot of files - from new shoots to our inhouse project and asset library
What you need:
- A strong eye for design and visual storytelling
- Professional experience in motion design and video editing
- Fluency in the Adobe Creative Suite, with expertise in After Effects and Premiere (any 3D software proficiency is a bonus)
- Ability to take direction but also capable of taking a project from concept to completion according to your own vision
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Located near Alexandria, VA or willing to relocate
MVAR offers a generous benefits package including covering 100% of health insurance premiums, access to a 401(k) retirement savings plan, 3 weeks paid time off, and reimbursement of cell phone usage. Our location is three blocks from the King Street Metro Station, and we offer employee parking at our building.
How to Apply:
You must have a demo reel (not just a portfolio). Send a cover letter, a link to your reel, and your salary requirement to email@example.com include “Motion Designer” along with your name in the subject line.
Here at MVAR, our work is rooted in Democratic values with an emphasis on equal opportunity for all. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any characteristics protected by federal, state, and local laws. We believe the strongest teams reflect the diversity of our electorate and therefore actively seek a diverse applicant pool.