Principal Graphic Designer (7467U) - 6095
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our https://strategicplan.berkeley.edu/guiding-values-and-principles/, our https://diversity.berkeley.edu/principles-community, and https://strategicplan.berkeley.edu/https://strategicplan.berkeley.edu
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: March 3, 2020
University Development and Alumni Relations (UDAR) strengthens Berkeley's excellence through engagement with alumni, parents, undergraduate and graduate students, and friends of the University, raising public awareness about Berkeley and increasing private philanthropy. UDAR provides overall direction for the campus' philanthropic advancement strategies and works to strengthen unit development in partnership with campus fundraisers. The Division handles a range of central activities and services encompassing communications, stewardship, prospect development, gift management, and more
• Conceives, produces and approves files, graphics, and/or illustrations for visual media, including print and the web, such as Campaign Gala event graphics and mailto:@cal for the web.
• Consults with clients to plan and design presentation of visual information effectively and appropriate to target audiences and to the selected visual medium; products may include publications, brochures, displays, presentation slides, proposals, technical manuals, web sites, and other visual communications.
• Assesses complex or otherwise challenging written material and data and devises the best ways to present it visually to enhance its clarity and impact.
• Develops and produces visual presentations and proposals, devising visual themes that strengthen the communication of ideas and information.
• Works closely with project managers, writers, and clients to understand communication requirements, determine most appropriate media, and create cost-effective products.
• Using advanced understanding of printing and other production processes and of computer software for publishing, images, web sites, and various other media, provides high level guidance on design and publishing technology, services for web design, or expertise on printing and other production processes for final products.
• Effectively meet budget and time constraints.
• Leads others in department to achieve project and departmental goals and objectives.
• Advanced knowledge of design and communications concepts and applicable software applications.
• Advanced knowledge of production processes for a variety of media and knowledge of vendor requirements for a variety of products.
• Advanced knowledge of the campus, including its vision, mission, goals, and objectives, or capacity to learn.
• Advanced design, creative and artistic skills.
• Advanced skills to devise broad design ideas, present them to clients, and produce results on time and within budget.
• Advanced interpersonal communications skills, including active listening skills and skills to work effectively within teams and to effectively provide advanced design advice and consultation to clients on all aspects of visual communications.
• Critical thinking skills, advanced organizational skills and proactive problem-solving/problem resolution skills.
• Ability to lead and mentor others in the department.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1835457
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.