Nextdoor is the essential local app where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
We're looking for a proven, full-stack Product Designer to envision and create the next phase of digital experiences that will empower neighbors to build stronger communities and transform how people connect and engage with their local area.
You’ll own a large scope of the Nextdoor product, guiding and mentoring other Product Designers to envision and ship the next generation of the product experience, as well as work cross-functionally to shape the future of the Nextdoor platform as we continue to grow.
- You’ll envision, design, and build products that build the fabric of local communities around the globe.
- You’ll own a large piece of the Nextdoor product, guiding and mentoring other product designers to ship the next generation of the product experience.
- Drive strategic goals of the organization through design thinking, working collaboratively with other Design Leads, Product Designers, Researchers, Data Scientists, Engineers, the CPO, and CEO.
- You will be involved in all aspects of the product development process, from brainstorming to final pixel tweaks right before launch.
- You’ll lead your team in executing design work with a high level of polish, and help the entire design team understand how to solve a range of product challenges across iOS, Android, web, mobile web, & email, how to use qual and quant research to both inspire and validate ideas, and how to use A/B tests to move the product forward.
- You have a proven track record shipping successful digital experiences; working with your peers to define a holistic strategy, requirements, experiments. You’ve shipped 3+ remarkable digital products.
- You bring a human-centered approach to design, and see the world through your customer’s eyes to come up with compelling solutions.
- You are seen as a top designer across iOS, Android, mobile web, and web, and others turn to you for advice and guidance.
- You have experience developing or contributing to brand guidelines, style guides and pattern libraries
- You can create and hold long-term product vision, as well as strategically approach design using A/B testing in the short-term
- You have a proven track record of navigating ambiguity, and balancing fast iterative sprints, business awareness, technology requirements, organizational agility, research and data insights, and high design quality to ship great products in an Agile product development environment
- You care deeply about the success of your products, and stick with them through several iterations.
- You don’t want to stand still, are hungry to learn about what makes neighborhoods tick around the globe as we expand our footprint.
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your dependents
- An opportunity to grow communities, solve hard problems, and have a real impact in the world
- Supportive, friendly, and adventurous environment with a team of talented, engaged colleagues
- A comprehensive, industry-leading benefits package
- Generous paid vacation
- Weekly catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen (all sorts of drinks and snacks), plus catered dinners M-Th
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Personal learning and development stipend
- Inspiring, creatively fulfilling offsites
- Paid volunteer days off
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Health FSA
- 401K plan
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!
Please include Portfolio and Resume