• Contribute to the development of product collections across all categories including, but not limited, to Lighting, Furniture and Objects.
• Work directly with the Creative Director to support and facilitate the execution of his vision.
• Procure image research that align with the creative vision.
• Collaborate with the Senior Concept Designer to ensure creative consistencies across both interiors and products.
• Identify conceptual motifs and effectively translate into a variety of products through a series of 2D and 3D drafting iterations.
• Learn and implement specific technical parameters during the 2D and 3D design iterating phase to ensure a successful drawing hand-off to the industrial design team.
• Create final presentations using elevated and consistent standards.
• Successfully hand off product drawing references to design engineering team.
• Maintain the organization and expansion of image and material libraries.
• Proactively conduct market research and regularly suggest new concepts.
• Work on the development of several initiatives simultaneously.
• Strong aesthetic skills with a keen eye for detail.
• Excellent verbal and communications skills.
• Extensive reference knowledge of design movements, artists and designers.
• Strong knowledge of vintage and contemporary furniture, lighting and fixtures.
• Solutions-based thinking with a consistently positive attitude, displayed both as an individual and within a collaborative team.
• Expert knowledge of Rhino; Solidworks a plus.
• Efficient in AutoCad, Vellum or equivalent drafting program.
• Highly efficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
• Ability to identify and prioritize design decisions in parallel to project timelines.
• Excellent time-management skills, independent drive and the ability to work under pressure and deliver projects under tight deadlines.
• Ability to respond professionally to critical feedback and proactive in seeking support and help when needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Product or Industrial Design.
• Minimum of 5-6 years of professional working experience in high-end interior design / furniture design.
• Experience in a business that requires a team to execute the common vision, understands the value of the individual and the team.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively; ability to delegate and drive for results.
• Proven ability in a high-paced environment that values consistency, efficiency and excellence.
• Full-time studio hours: Monday–Friday generally 10:00AM–6:00PM
• Longer hours and weekend availability as needed.
• Domestic and international travel as needed.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AND CHECK-INS SCHEDULE
• Regular check-ins.
• Annual performance review.
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is based in our New York studio. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.