We are looking for a highly creative Director of Product design that is looking to work in deeply customazible field; capable of both hands-on and CAD / prototyping; as well as product strategy within the architectural interiors industries.
Frasch is an aesthetic/architectural acoustics company (www.frasch.co) with a fast growing organization that offers many custom solutions and standard offerings that all revolve around creative design. Coordinating with other members of the management team in all areas including sales, marketing, engineering, and production will be necessary to facilitate unified and effective performance. This is a high growth opportunity with a rapidly expanding, dynamic organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptual and detailed skills with a passion for object and system product designs.
- Background in either/all acoustics, wall & ceiling applications, space division, furniture, or lighting.
- Proficient CAD experience in Solidworks and/or Rhino.
- Understanding of New Product Development Process and Design for Manufacturing.
- Experience working in a CAD driven manufacturing environment.
- Working in a team collaboration environment as a lead for designers and working hand in hand with operations and marketing.
- Able to analyze competitor and industry products to determine future standard product designs.
- Able to work with inside sales team and engineering to execute architectural concept designs into finished manufactured, installable systems products.
- Blended background and proficiency in Industrial Design, Mechanical Design, and Architectural Products.
- Good communicator of ideas, design intent, and product presentation.
- Superb 3D spatial ability and reasoning.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- 12 years of design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or Mechanical Engineering
- Must speak and write English proficiently. Other languages helpful.