Our team consists of a small, fun group that wear many hats. Since we are a consultancy, you will be involved in a variety of projects at different stages of the process. Some activities may include collaborative brainstorming, layouts, and presentations.
While this position is highly selective in terms of talent and ability, it is most suited to candidates who are self-motivated to deliver great work regardless of the client, project, or day of the week. As team member, you should share our grit and determination to produce top-quality work in our industry. This role requires a high level of proficiency in technical, interpersonal, and communication skills. We're looking for those who take initiative and ownership for their role, their team, and the company.
The ideal candidate will need to have experience with design for manufacturing and must be proficient in Solidworks, including being able to create complex surfaces and mechanisms. You’ll also need a solid understanding of manufacturing processes and materials. As a Product Design Engineer, you’ll work closely with our multi-disciplinary team (including researchers, strategists, industrial designers, electrical engineers, and manufacturing team) to facilitate design, engineering, and production process. You will need to be able to collaborate effectively and communicate visually through quick sketches, whiteboarding, etc. to generate new ideas and share your thinking.
We ensure every team member has the opportunity to hone their skills and add to their toolkit through collaboration, application, and coaching. We are a tight knitted crew that collaborate frequently with our multi-branch teams.
You might be a good fit if you too prize humor, positivity, and pushing innovation. Our team prides ourselves on our integrity, inclusivity, and being able to enjoy a drink at the end of the day with each other.
If this sounds like a fit, we’d love to meet you.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in consumer product development
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in DFM (Design for Manufacturing)
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience with Industrial Designers
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in Solidworks
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience in CREO, Keyshot, Blender, Sketchbook Pro, Adobe Suite is a plus
- Completed 4-year bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/ Product Engineering
- Ability to self-motivate, take ownership, and continuously learn new skillsets
- Ability to communicate effectively to motivate people to take action across the organization
- Exceptional public speaking and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient visualization skills (analog and digital)
- Strategic and creative mindset
- Proficient in prototyping and test component parts and assemblies
- Ability to create simple, creative, yet cost effective mechanical solutions
- Able to keep original design concept in mind while transitioning concept to the engineering phase
- Able to understand consumer mindset throughout design process
- Knowledge of material properties and selection
- Knowledge of injection molding, sheet metal stamping, machining processes, etc.
- Ability to quickly communicate a concept in 2D or 3D models – including physical models as well as CAD
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to develop relationships with outside vendors and partners
- Prepare Bills of Material (BOM) and RFQ (Request for Quotation)
- Ability to build detailed specification drawings for manufacturing
- A portfolio of work available to review
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge and appreciation of Industrial Design and methodologies
- Best Practices related to Engineering
- Design agency background
- Ability to conceptualize and brainstorm in a group, as well as individually
- Ability to prioritize multiple project / tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills; ability to work independently and collaboratively with internal teams and clients
- Highly collaborative and outgoing personality by nature
- High energy, drive, and maturity. Demonstrated persistence, tenacity, and an ability to overcome obstacles
- Detail oriented and excellent time management and organizational skills
- Willingly accept feedback and creative critique from all areas of the business
- Must be a creative thinker, passionate about design and trends that goes beyond your 9-5
- A positive attitude and excitement for the job
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, yet casual environment
- Comfortable working with ambiguity, and adaptable to a wide range of projects at any given time
- Tech savvy. Comfortable with Microsoft Office, Google Products etc.
- Eager to learn and try new approaches
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Ability to travel as needed
- Must be fluent in English
- Must have authorization (work permit) to work in the USA
IN2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Resume, cover letter, and strong portfolio required
- Showcase your best work in Product Engineering
- Showcase idea generation and process is a plus
- Note: While some of our team member may be working from home during Pandemic, our team members must be located or willing to relocate to Dallas TX, as team members must be able to easily get to our studio.